Chapter 17

Loss

You never know what you gave until it's gone.
The depression settles in, the loss either hitting you so hard you can't think about anything but that or the denial sets in and you don't believe it.

The world broke everyone down.
The fire took so much.
Out of the three hundred people who lived there only two hundred fifty made it out alive, if Jungkook hadn't saved as many as he did, there would've been more death than anyone could've imagined.

-

Taehyung had to bury Sooah a few days after the fire.
He hated seeing her shape, she was burned, wasn't herself.

He had to watch as his sister, the sister he never got the chance to build a bond with again, the sister he never got the chance to hug again.
Taehyung felt alone.
His world was turned upside down and he felt like he had hit rock bottom.

So many of his men died that day. He knew of course that death would occur, but he never imagined how much.
Yet again the numbers going in and the numbers going out were madly low. Out of the one hundred and ten men Taehyung had everywhere in and out of his place, only sixty five remained.
All those funerals, all those family's, all those kids without fathers, all of those wives and husbands without their other half, brothers and sisters torn apart. Taehyung hated it, he hated himself most of all, and his guilt was immense.

Yet the survivors stayed, they knew Taehyung would let them leave but those sixty five stayed, and that hurt Taehyung even more, because no matter what he did they would stay by his side because wether Taehyung liked it or not right now him and his men were family and nothing could break that bond.

-

The hours went by like days, some fast, some slow. The world was dark and gloomy. Rain clouds decorated the sky each day, pouring down their buckets of rain.

The hospital Jungkook was at was one of the nicest, and most expensive ones in Korea. Taehyung had put him here to get the upmost care. Taehyung had tons of money, he had gained it over the years.

Beeping.
The same slow, distant, broken heartbeat Taehyung had been hearing for the last few days made him break even more.
Jungkook had been in a coma for a few days now, it was the worst few days of Taehyungs life.

Wires attached to the younger all over. The slight chest movements on Jungkook, weren't his, it was the machines.
Jungkook was on life support, after everything all the trauma, blood loss, and massive burns and other injury's he sustained, he couldn't breathe on his own. Taehyung hated seeing him like this, he hated Jungkook not being able to breathe on his own.

Taehyung held the youngers hand softly, laying his head on the youngers hand, his tears falling madly. Taehyung desperately wanted to see the youngers eyes, see the youngers smile again. All he saw was the same pale, burned younger.

"You okay...?" A voice asked, Taehyung leaned up "I'm surprised you can even look at me Jimin" Taehyung spoke and Jimin sighed sadly "Taehyung I'm not mad" Jimin spoke and Taehyung shook his head "You should be- you should hate me" Taehyung spoke "Should I? Or do you just want me to hate you, like you hate yourself" Jimin spoke and Taehyung stood up, his chair flying back