62.

St.Louis, Missouri
Omniscient

Nuni laid in bed watching Bates Motel. She had just got home from Kadar's house. She was ignoring him because he didn't come back to his house last night at all.

He forced Nuni to stay at his house only for him to not answer and leave her there all night. She still hadn't spoken to him but she knew he was fine because Beetle told her so.

"Girl what we gonna do today?" Mani asked.

"Wanna go out to the courts?" Nuni asked looking at her. It would always be shit to do at the courts especially when it was the weekend.

"Yeah, lemme go change.." Mani said standing up from the bed and walking out the room. Nuni watched her attentively because she was peeping that her sister had gained some weight.

And since, Barack is in jail that could only mean one thing: Shes been overeating. Nuni stood up and followed her sister into her room. "You getting thick on me.." Nuni said.

"I know, I've been stress eating.." Mani said rolling her eyes as she pulled clothes to wear out her dresser.

"Ohhhh.." Nuni dragged, she chuckled.

"Yes, I understand why you was stress eating like that.." She said, Nuni nodded and sighed.

"Girl you really thick now..." She said, Mani sighed.

"It's just- I feel like things gonna be so much different when Kamiri gets home from jail. Like, I don't know I don't wanna be waiting my time waiting for him if when he comes home everything won't be the same.." She expressed, Nuni sighed.

She understood her sisters fear all too well because she had the same one. She didn't know if things were gonna be the same after Kadar went away and she didn't want to admit it but she felt like he was going to go away and realize he didn't want or need her anymore.

She didn't want to seem selfish but she literally didn't want to lose Kadar to anything. Not the streets. Not jail. or Anybody else.

"Honestly, I have the same fear.." Nuni admitted. "But I know me and Kadar have a deep connection that I don't have with anyone else. Do you have that with Barack?" She asked.

Mani touched her arm and sighed as a tear fell down her face. "Yes.." She said nodding before looking up at Nuni with tears in her eyes.

"But Nuni, I'm scared.." She said before breaking down. Nuni walked over to her sister and wrapped her arms around her and cried with her because believe it or not, Nuni had experienced most of the things Mani had experienced.

She was fighting suicidal thoughts as well but she never acted on them like Mani did. She felt like her and her sister were connected in a special way that she didn't know and couldn't explain.

"Nuni, I'm so scareddd.." Mani said between her tears as she cried in Nuni's arms.

"I'm scared too Mani.." Nuni said crying, she sniffed. "But no matter what, we got each other's back and we'll be there for each other through every step of this.." She said as tears soaked her face.

"It's so hard.." Mani said.

"I know but we gotta fight this, together.." Nuni said, Mani nodded. They both sat up on the bed and wiped each other's eyes and then went in for a hug.

"I love you.." Nu said.

"I love you too bitch.." Mani said sniffing with a small smile.

———————