65.

This is the longest chapter I ever wrote.

Hope y'all like💚

-KiiKii🧘🏽‍♀️

—————

St.Louis, Missouri
Omniscient

Kadar paced back and forth praying like Nuni told him to. He wanted to pass the GED so bad, he was waiting for his results that were coming in the mail in the next few minutes.

If he passed the GED it would look so good on his appeal record for him to be released back to Nuni and their baby. He missed his Ilene, Dasia, Spade, and Demario. He missed his family over all, he wanted to go kick it with his big homies and most of all kick it with his homies.

Even though, Nuni didn't fuck with Bre and Chanel. They both still kicked it with Jamboy and Dee. Even though, Dee wasn't that social with them. Kadar still handled business with him and was fucking with Dee since he was younger, he viewed him as a brother.

"Yo!" Jerome said looking at Kadar with a smile. "I got your mail, another letter from yo girl and yo grandma.." He said handing him the rack of mail. "Some lady named Kelani sent you some mail also.."

"Kelani?" Kadar said with his eyebrows furrowed.

"Yuh, who det?" Jerome asked. Kadar and Jerome actually went way back. Whenever he was in jail, he would look out for Kadar since he had a double life sentence for killing a white couple who happened to be his foster parents.

They were doing horrible things to him, so when he got older he went back to the house and killed them.

"My mom.." Kadar said looking through the letters for his GED scores, he wanted to know his scores before he read anything else from anybody.

"Shit man, I wish my mother would even try to find me.." He said shaking his head before shrugging. "But shit, fuck that bitch. She aint want me so Ion want ha.." He added before walking off from the doorframe.

Kadar sat down on his bed and sighed when he noticed the GED envelope. He looked at his cell door and waited for the guards to come and do lockdown so he could Nuni. He wanted her to be right there when he opened the results.

He grabbed his mother's letter and opened it.

Kadar Demario White,

I know I haven't been a good mother to you. I know I am not the mother you and your siblings deserve. I take full responsibility for everything I've ever done to hurt you and I am apologizing to you. I apologize for embarrassing you, disrespecting you, mistreating you, and depending on you for taking care of things that I- as the adult should have been doing.

I have always depended on you to be the MAN of the house when I had a man of my own. A Toxic Man who I depended on too much. I depended on him for happiness and motivation when I should have been looking at life differently. I have not always been like this but I invested so much time and energy into your father that I should've been investing into you and your brother and sister.

I have started going to therapy and addiction meetings to help me become a better mom because I failed as a mother before but I want to be better. I am making an effort to be better and I decided your the first person I want to make amends with because I never put you first before now.