Chapter 3: Bookshelves

Several weeks have passed since that encounter with Lucius and for an unknown reason, Catalina couldn't take her mind off of him. She felt bad thinking about him like this, after all, one of her closest friends was his son. But she was sure that the teasing was there, it wasn't just her imagination or her infatuation playing tricks on her. It was there, in the board day light.

"I'm going home this weekend, this is one of the very few weekends that I get to spend with both of my parents." Pansy confessed to an absent minded Catalina who lost her focus.

"Hmm? Oh, yeah. I'd like to get out of Hogwarts too for the weekend but sadly, my parents aren't home. Ministry business and stuff." She rolled her eyes, smiling.

"You could come over to my place." Pansy smiled enthusiastically.

"Do not worry, this is your weekend with your parents, you should take full advantage of it." She patted Pansy's back while getting up from her seat, to head for the common room.

Once she entered it, she let herself fall on the comfy sofa. Her legs were tired and she didn't know why. It was tempting to go and bother professor Snape for a potion that would relax her tensed muscles but she was too lazy to get up and drag herself to the dungeons.

In the room entered Draco and a Slytherin guy whose name she didn't know. She only knew that he was from the sixth year.

"Catalina." Draco greeted her.

She just waved her hand, being too busy doing nothing.

"Pansy told me you wanted to get out of Hogwarts for the weekend. Where would you want to go?" He threw himself on the same couch, over Catalina's legs.

"First of all, ow, you probably weight as much as Hagrid."

Draco puffed, annoyed.

"And second of all, I don't know. I thought maybe I can visit the muggle world for a bit and lose time with their trivial, but fun things like going to the cinema or going shopping." She started twisting a strand of her long, brown and wavy hair between two fingers.

"Fun? You really have a wrong idea of what fun is." Draco rolled his eyes.

Catalina lifted her upper body to take a better look at her friend, lifting her eyebrow. "I am sorry, Malfoy, my dad isn't a billionaire so I can't really raise myself to the way wizards have fun." She teased.

"Then just come with me and I'll show you how rich wizards have fun." He bragged.

"Hmm, now I might be interested. What do you have in mind?" She threw her legs off the couch and leaned into her friend.

"Whatever my family chooses to do this weekend will be more fun than any mudblood activity." He spat.

Catalina hit him with her elbow in his ribs earning an "ow" from him.

"I will use one of the three forbidden curses on you for this." Draco announced while holding his right side with his hand.

***

After the little witch and the young wizard obtained Dumbledore's approval, with Catalina's dad help, of course, they apparated in the nearby of the Malfoy manor. Catalina remembered vividly the entire dark landscape and the imposing property. A shiver ran down her spine at the thought of her seeing Lucius again. Would he continue his teasing or he already got bored of playing this little game?  She hoped it would be the first.

As they got inside, they were greeted by an elf who took Catalina's cloak.

"Mr. Malfoy is in his study, would you like me to announce him of your arrival?" The elf asked Draco.