Chapter Two ~ Mixed Emotions

The moment I stepped in the room, I was disgusted. The smell in this room was full of sweat! I covered my nose and walked to the windows. I opened some windows to let fresh air in the room. Ahh. Much better. I placed my books and bag on the table closest to the windows.

Teacher: please take a seat.

I placed my bag on my lap as I quickly sat down.

Teacher: welcome everyone, first day of school, it must be an exciting day! My name is Mr. Russell and I'm your homeroom teacher for your next four years in high school! I hope we will get to know each other well enough to share out our problems. Be friendly to everyone. Now all of you introduce yourself.

I had no one to talk to, I didn't intend to because the moment Mr. Russell said be friendly..... Everyone had their backs turned on me talking to someone else. Like did they hate me?

Nancy: Heyy (YourName). Wow such bad luck for me to have you in my homeroom.. Why did you even come to this school? It was bad enough that you ruined my years in middle school..

Me: um Nancy.. I didn't ruin your middle school, you ruined mine. Also you ruined my first day of school already.

Nancy: awe.. Then should I feel bad for you? (Starts shouting to the class) This girl here is so weird!! I just said hi and she's like you look so ugly! So offended, she's really mean, you shouldn't talk to her. She'll give you bad comments. Ugh and she stinks.

Great. I'm going to cry in the corner. I don't care if she calls me cry baby like before. I'll cry, yea I'm a baby. Call me whatever you want, Nancy because you don't know how the feeling is to be bullied. All my life, I wished you never appeared. You ruined my life. I closed my eyes, and put my head down on my table. Mr. Russell didn't even pay attention, he was just talking to this guy outside... This is so unfair.

Nancy: I can't believe a baby is in high school already.

???: because she's smarter than you. If she can be in high school already, then she must be amazing, dont you think?

My tears stopped coming down my cheeks as the moment I heard such a familiar voice speaking up for me. I looked up to see it was Manly Deer! What is he doing here? But again the fourth time, he's there me.

Mr. Russell: students, this is Luhan, and he's new to our homeroom. He transferred to this homeroom just now. Welcome him! Be friendly

Luhan. His name is Luhan. Such a beautiful name. Luhan. The name repeats in my mind. He walks towards me and takes a seat next to me.

Luhan: hi, I'm Luhan. I'm sorry I never got to tell you my name. Are you feeling better? Does your head hurt still? Where did you put the ice pack?

Me: threw it away..

Luhan: why? Does it not hurt anymore?

Me: just let it hurt. It doesn't even matter anymore. Trying to live a new life is going to be impossible. I'm just going to be bullied again from year to year. What's the point? The pain is going to be numb me anyways. I'll be so use to it that it's not even called pain anymore.

Luhan: are you giving up like that already? Look at you.. Crying when there's no point. You know that girl is crazy.

Luhan lifts my head up to face him. He looks into my eyes. My heart mixed with emotions. Am I feeling sad? Or am I feeling like I could die any moment now because Luhan is staring at me. I looked down, avoiding eye contact with him. I felt a warm hand on my face. Luhan wiped my tears away.

Luhan: don't cry anymore, okay? If it helps, I'll tell you why I transferred homeroom.

Me: why did you?