[C17] the homestretch

< July 26, 3rd person POV: >

Two weeks ago, Maeve would have woken up fully excited for everything they'll do during their time in the UK. Not having to worry about when they'll leave. But now it's 2 days until they have to go back. Today and tomorrow as their full final days.

It hasn't hit Maeve yet that they're leaving the UK to go back to America. She's gotten so comfortable here that it feels like home.

Tommy and Maeve have yet to talk about their relationship. They're acting like a couple but won't make it official. After the 27th, they won't see each other in person anymore. Both want to talk about it, in their heads 24/7. But keep pushing it off, knowing what's probably gonna happen if they do...

Tommy and Maeve both knew what they needed to do, just need some help first.

"Hey Wilbur" Tommy says getting onto a discord call with him

"Hey Tommy, you good?" Wilbur asks him

"Yeah, but I do need some advice..."

"What about?"

"Maeve and I confessed to each other. We both like each other and been acting couplely? If that makes sense. But we haven't actually talked about being official..."

"Well why not?"

"She lives in America, 4,000 miles away. I'm afraid it's not gonna work out and I'm gonna lose her"

"I hate to be a bummer but 4,000 miles is pretty far. The thing is Tommy if you two are meant for each other. It doesn't matter when you two get together, it'll always happen. The universe works in many ways; if you and Maeve are meant to be, it'll always work out in the end. Take a leap of faith now or wait, but I think you and Maeve are perfect for each other."

"What do I do Wilbur?" He says slumped

"Tommy, I want you to do whatever your  hearts says for you to do"

In that moment, Tommy knew what he had to do, I hope you feel the same Maeve, or else I'm so sorry...

Meanwhile:

"Hey Clay? Can we talk?" Maeve asked her brother

"Yeah what's up?"

"I confessed to Tommy."

"WHAT?! How'd it go?!"

"Good, really good. But Tommy and I didn't make anything official... we haven't talked about it since then. Only acting like it?"

"Wait does that mean you guys have k-"

"No, we haven't. But I'm serious Clay, I don't know what to do. I don't know what to say to him. I want to talk about it to him."

"Why not just say it then?"

"I'm not even sure what to say!"

"Just tell him what you've been thinking. Let your heart speak for itself. I'm sorry I'm not good at this. I'm trying." He lightly chuckles

"I know you're trying, thank you."

"I'm here always, but for what it's worth, I think you and Tommy would be a lovely couple. I'll bring you to the UK whenever we can. I have a friend here too you know." He smiles at her

"thank you again, this was helpful. Love you clay." She says going to hug him

"Of course mae, I love you too."

I'm hoping for the best, everything's gonna be okay. Tommy will surely understand...

Text Conversation: ( Tommy left - Maeve right )