[C19] the sad reality of 4,000 miles

a/n: I'm gonna be trying something new for the next Tommy x OC. It's gonna be a mix of irl but also dream smp lore. If I don't like how it turns out I'll turn it into two separate books. So please get ready for an update about that! this chapter is very scuffed I'm so sorry. The next chapter will be amazing I promise.

< Tommy's POV: >

George let me in, telling me to go sit by the kitchen while he gets me something to eat. He hands me a plate of tuna sandwich and a bottle of water, saying it's the thing they have left.

"Thanks man."

"Yeah no problem, why did you come here?" George asked sitting down across from me

"I wanted to talk to Maeve, a last-minute type of thing."

"Sorry Tommy, if it helps, they like just left."

"It's alright big man." I sighed

"What did you wanna tell her?"

"I wanted to apologize, and then say that we could try dating long distance. But then again, I was a bit too late."

"Oh. Damn... I mean you could always tell her over the phone?"

"Yeah, I think I might just."

"Are you sure that's all?"

"No, there was a reason why I wanted to tell her in person. Talking to her over the phone won't be the same you know?"

"I get that. Your parents know you're here?"

"Yeah, I told them."

"Do you want me to drop you off back at yalls home?"

"It's alright, I'm gonna take my time heading home."

"Okay, we'll feel free to stay a bit longer. I don't have to close up the house until 8. Gotta check some stuff."

"Thanks, George."

"Of course Tommy, I'll see you later." He says going up the stairs.

Stupid dream, stupid Wilbur. If it wasn't for Wilbur I wouldn't have had that dream. Yesterday, when I went to go swim and Wilbur came along. He asked me how I was feeling. I told him the truth. How I felt like I made the wrong choice, how maybe Maeve and I should have tried.

I told him how Maeve made me feel, then he went on how I care about Maeve so much, I'm afraid to do anything that will risk our friendship. And from the talk Maeve and I had on the balcony, I felt worse that things became awkward.

It all hit me at once, when Niki explained that I had a soft spot for someone after mcc. I knew it was Maeve. But I didn't wanna admit it because I don't want to allow myself to be vulnerable towards anyone. But Maeve makes me feel safe and comfortable.

Since I was so worried about what could ruin our friendship, I ruined it myself. Almost losing the one person that I love.

I left the Airbnb, getting onto the bus, and going back home. Both my parents looked at me with a concerned faces as I walked into the house, passing them in the kitchen.

"Maeve left?" My mom said

"Mhm, I'll be in my room."

-

I logged onto the smp, wanting some distraction. I don't play much without streaming it but it feels like one of those days. I plan to fix up my house, get some new materials too.

I went into a VC just in case someone wanted to talk to me. I turned on some music and did my thing. After a few minutes of playing, someone joined the VC who I did not expect.