[C34] his family

< Tommy's POV: December 23 >

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOBY!" Maeve and I say through the facetime call

"Thanks guys! We gotta celebrate my birthday once you guys get back!" Tubbo replies

"Yeah of course!" Maeve says with a smile

"You guys enjoy, I'm botta go last-minute Christmas shopping with Lani."

We say bye to the birthday tubbo, Maeve and I were just casually talking when we remembered it was Tubbo's birthday. We called him and made sure he was alright. Later today the rest of my family is coming to stay over for Christmas. Maeve and I helped my parents set up the guest room and the extra room in the basement so everyone has a place to sleep.

My aunt Jasmine has two kids, Daniel and Emily. Daniel's married to Stella and they have 3 children. Daniela, Danny, and Sean. Emily is a single mom to little Emma. They're gonna arrive around 4 so we have some time to pass.

For the past few days, Maeve and I have been spending a lot of time together of course. But this only made my feelings for her a lot stronger. I'm not complaining, but she called me bro the other day and I think she friend-zoned me? I don't know how this shit works. I'll have to talk to Wilbur or Niki for advice.

I got Maeve a Christmas gift that I'm sure she'll love but I also wrote her a letter. Let's just say the letter says every single feeling I've felt about her in the past 2 years or so... If I have to get rid of the letter to save our friendship from becoming an awkward mess, I will.

It's around 4:15 PM once the rest of my family came over. They arrived all at once, coming through the door bringing in snow. Bags and gifts lined up near the front door.

"Uncle Tom!!" Emily's daughter, Emma, says running up to hug me

"Emma! I like your new shoes." I say picking her up, Maeve by my side not saying much.

"Yeah! Mommy got them for me as an early extra Christmas gift! Who is that?" She asks pointing at Maeve.

"Yeah Tom, who's this?" Emily asks me

"This is Maeve, she's spending Christmas with us. Maeve meets the rest of my family."

"Hello! Nice to meet you all." Maeve says awkwardly

I can tell she's getting anxious talking to my family, I put down Emma and went to say hi to my cousins and their children too. After I went to check up on Maeve and stand with her in case she needs some support or reassurance.

My family gets settled in, bringing their things to their rooms. The kids are staying in the theater room, Daniel and Stella in the guest room, and aunt jasmine and Emily sharing the extra room.

After a few hours of unpacking and getting settled, we all met back in the living room and started the fire. Usually, my family catches up and just casually talks. We sit around our living room, Maeve and I sitting next to each other on the couch.

I can tell Maeve is really trying her best to talk and bond with my family through all her anxiety. I notice her squeezing her nails into her palm and fidgeting. I take her hand and hold it with mine. Trying to get her to stop hurting herself.

I lightly rub her back to try to calm her. I hate how she has to deal with this, I'll do everything I can to make it her calmer or hopefully get it to stop.

"Mom, it's snowing! Can we go out?" Daniela asks

"Yeah go ahead, just make sure you wear your coats and gloves," Stella says