[C36] a very merry christmas

< 3rd Person POV: December 25 >

Emma walked to her uncle's room, knocking on the door aggressively before opening it. There Maeve and Tommy laid sleeping in each other's arms. Emily quickly ran up the stairs to stop Emma. Considering it was quite early.

Emily peaked through the door, a glimpse of the sleeping Tommy and Maeve in each other's arms before abruptly awoken by Emma. I knew something was going on between them, she thought to herself.

"ITS CHRISTMAS ITS CHRISTMAS SANTA CAME WAKE UP," Emma yelled

"Merry Christmas Emma, we'll be down soon," Maeve says only half awake

"HURRY!!" Emma says then runs back down the stairs

"Everyone's waiting downstairs, Merry Christmas you two." Emily winked at them then went down as well

Last night was a blur to Maeve, her eyes slightly swollen by her tears the night before. Not too bad considering she cried a good amount. She didn't notice the arms still wrapped around her until she has fully woken up. Tommy was still sound asleep, hugging her closely.

"uh Tommy? Bitchboy wake up." Maeve says while having that lovey-dovey feeling in her stomach.

"5 more minutes."

"Wake up, your family's waiting."

"Fine." Tommy's arms loosen and Maeve's able to sit up. Maeve tries to calm down a bit knowing her face is probably beet red, "Merry Christmas Maeve."

"Merry Christmas Tommy, they're waiting so we should head down."

"mhm, yup yup," Tommy says still sleepy

Maeve gets up and puts a hoodie on, quite cold this morning. Tommy finally got up after Maeve. Both of them heading downstairs to the Christmas tree. Tommy's family sitting there with mugs in their hands and happy faces.

They all greet each other saying merry Christmas and good mornings. Maeve sat by the edge of the couch, Tommy next to her.

"Time to open presents?!" the kids asked

"yes, let's start with Emma's gifts first so I can take pictures," Jasmine says with her camera

Maeve laid her head on Tommy's shoulder, seeing the smiles on everyone's faces. Everyone took turns opening their gifts. Everyone getting gifts besides Maeve but she didn't mind. She's just happy she isn't spending Christmas by herself.

"Did we open everything?" Daniel says looking around after an hour of opening gifts

"Uh actually, there's a red bag behind the tree," Maeve says

Tommy looks at her confusingly, it seemed as if Maeve had a little surprise. Daniel got the red bag and opened it. Inside was gifts for everyone from 'Santa'. The adults knew who these were actually from but the kids were amazed.

Everyone had something to open except Maeve. After Maeve said goodnight to Emma last night, she got the red back from the hiding spot and placed it behind the tree before heading to the room. She didn't want to celebrate Christmas with a whole different family without bringing gifts.

They all say thank you to 'Santa.' and take family pictures. Everyone's wearing matching pajamas beside Tommy, Emily, Emma, and Maeve who are only wearing matching colors.

Maeve offers to take the photos considering she isn't immediate family, however, Tommy and his family had other ideas.

"Maeve what are you doing? Set a timer and join us!" Tommy's mom says