[C32] gingerbread houses

< Maeve's POV: December 21 >

It snowed even more last night, now we were told to stay at our homes by the local news. Saying it was far too snowy and dangerous to be on the roads. Outside the show was at least 2 feet tall. The sun hitting the white ice, making it shine as if glitter was drizzled on top.

After yesterday night, I've had this weird feeling in my stomach. I don't know how to explain it... Like if something was moving? I was very smiley and the feeling only happened when Tommy would do something for me. Like give me his hoodie or even say goodnight. I try to brush it off and not think about it much.

Tommy's parents are in their room, watching Christmas movies and laughing. Tommy and I slouched around in the living room. Not knowing what we could possibly do.

Tommy's mom walked down the stairs with an empty bowl in her hand, "you two seem like you're having fun!" she laughed sarcastically, "I bought two gingerbread houses the other day, they should be in the pantry if you'd like to assemble them."

Tommy and I both looked at each other and nodded. We got up and looked for them, having one for each of us. I thanked his mom and we went upstairs to his room. Tommy took this opportunity to stream.

"wait Tommy I don't think we'll both fit building the houses on your desk." I pointed out

"Oh wait shit."

"Actually it's fine I'll just build mine on the floor."

"The floor's dirty, how?!"

"I'll sit on a towel, just let me have my screen time!" I say looking at OBS to see if I'm still in frame.

Tommy adjusted the camera so I was, the chat was going a bit crazy since we were in Tommy's old bedroom and they don't know that we're spending Christmas together.

For the first 10 minutes, the chat was in sub-only, just so everything could cool down a bit. I started on the base of the house, the stream popping off like always. I had the chat on my phone next to me, seeing all the questions move through.

Tommy and I talked to the stream, saying all the bullshit that we think of.

I look over at Tommy's house and see it caving in. I break out laughing, seeing the boy trying to fix it before it falls. Frosting over and over.

"Tommy what the fuck are you doing," I say still laughing

"THE HOUSE IS FALLING! WHY IS IT FALLING!" Tommy yelled upset with the dying house

"YOUR HANDS."

"Shit shit shit, my keyboard. MOVE MY KEYBOARD,"

"WHY DO YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR KEYBOARD, IT LOOKS LIKE YOU FUCKING DIPPED YOUR HANDS IN FROSTING."

"I DONT HAVE TISSUES."

"GO GET SOME."

"Oh my god, okay be right back chat," Tommy says getting up and out of the room.

"Heyyyyyyy chat, bitchboy's finally gone. How are you guys doing? OH! Jocelyn thank you for the 200 pounds! insane!!" I say looking at the notification, "expose Tommy?" I read

"Um-hm let me think... Tommy's always complaining how tubbo and I are the clingy ones but he's actually the clingy one. I would be busy with work and he'll spam text me until I either text him I'm busy or call him. And there was a time where I came over to their house. And tubbo was sat trying to do work on something and Tommy was next to him rambling on youtube stats," I laughed

"Tubbo and I do these like weekly talks because things get overwhelming and we talk to each other and half of the time is tubbo complaining about Tommy. It's the funniest shit ever." I say as Tommy walks in

"I fucking heard you."

"What?!"

"I AM NOT CLINGY. Maeve and tubbo are the clingy ones. holy shit." Tommy jokes

"Okay innit, whatever you say."

Tommy and I continue with our houses, chatting, and telling stories. Podcast type of beat. Tommy's gingerbread house looking terrible. Just terrible. The house was blue but he "wanted to stay on brand," and added red and white too. The house looking very patriotic.

"Tommy you used your roof as a wall! How the fuck?" I say pointing out the odd home

"I did?! oh crap."

"Why are you so bad at this."

"I am me. I'm good at everything."

"No, you're not. Dont lie to yourself."

"Oh fuck off."

A few more minutes pass and we're about done with our homes, about to show them off to the stream. I moved some of Tommy's desk things to make space for my house. Grabbing a stool and sitting next to him.

My house was pretty generic, a classic traditional gingerbread home for a small family of 3 and a cat. Tommy's on the other hand was different... The roof was of different lengths, one of the walls caving in. Frosting all over.

"I think I won," Tommy says

"No no no no, do a fucking poll. My house is so much better."

"My house has character and personality. Yours is basic."

"Shut up and do a poll!"

"Fine fine."

The poll was given out, me or Tommy's homes. It went on for 4 minutes. 46% Tommy, 54% Maeve.

"LETS GO!" I celebrated. Tommy angrily took one of my gingerbread people and ate it, "WHAT THE HELL MAN!"

"Damn, now the gingerbread person doesn't have a head," Tommy said slyly.

"you asshole."

He didn't respond, he just smiled at me. This motherfucker. We talked for another 30 minutes then ended the stream. We started to clean our mess then put the houses downstairs near the kitchen island.

"I can't believe you fucking ate my gingerbread man," I say jokingly hurt

"It was worth it."

"I hate you."

"No, you don't."

-
Published: 12/11/20
Filter chapter done! I think I'm gonna write one more Filler than get into the more important chapters. The Christmas chapter's gonna be posted early since I've been having a lot of free time and keep writing. Thinking about writing a tubbo x oc story? Would you guys be interested?
-