Thirty nine

This is just a short filler chapter but next chapter is BIG BIG BIG and i thought i should add this before for some backround but no ones ready for the next chapter :)

She hummed softly, her fingers dancing over his soft skin as they paced the room. Her cradling her newborn son in her arms lolling him to slumber on one of his first nights alive. She kissed his head her heart racing on this night sixteen years ago. She carried her creation inside of her for nine months now getting to hold him it felt unreal. She had done this twice before with her other two children but holding her baby still felt so unrealistic. That night she promised to love him no matter what, protect him from the dangers of this world, She fell in love all over again. she loved this little boy with all her heart knowing she had created him was unreal. That night was the first night she put her newborn to sleep in his crib, gave him his first goodnight kiss, and said i love you. She cant do that anymore.

It was midnight right on the dot, she sat up with tears in her eyes. Today was Keri Seaveys babys birthday and she knew something bad had happened to him. Everyone else thought he was just a runaway but she knew deep down he would've contacted her by now.

its been 5 months

It had been five months since she saw him, five months since she had solid proof he was alive, five months since she heard his voice, five months since she knew he was safe.

for five months shes had reoccurring nightmares every single night. The nightmares are what told her he was in trouble or had been in trouble. One very prominent dream haunted her but no one would listen to her she knew the dream meant something though she knew deep down it did. The dream was of her son laying on the ground, at firsts hes on his back but eventually rolls on his side and she can see his face, busted completely his skin was black and blue, he had a bloody nose, black eyes, he looked drained and as if he couldn't breathe. It seemed like hours of staring at that image until something else happened. Another figure would enter the frame and lightly kick him back onto his back. Her son would stare up at whoever the other figure was for a second before the figure would put their foot onto her sons chest. A gruff voice would fill her mind and say "I need you more," before pushing their foot harder down onto his chest which caused blood to erupt out of his mouth like a ketchup packet. She always woke up after that. 

she knew something was up something bad and now it was his birthday, his sixteenth birthday and she couldnt do anything to help him or save him. She needed him back. Nobody else believed he would come home but she did and today was going to be one of the hardest days of her whole life. 

Oh but how that day would be for little Daniel, This day will be one he never forgets...for as long as he lives. 

Hey yeah ik this isnt the classic chapter but the next one is probably like one of the biggest chapters in the whole book so get ready :) 

i rlly hope yall liked this i rlly didnt haha but theres a chance next chapter will be the longest in the book so far so i hope you guys are gonna like danis bday chapter ;)