Forty-Three

After the events in the early morning of that day, sleep was the farthest thing from everyone's mind but exhausted Daniel had slipped into slumber. Jonah left they didnt know why or where he went they were just glad he was gone. Daniels head lay on corbyns shoulder as the two lay on the couch the TV playing but corbyn wasnt even watching, he felt bad. Bad about Zach and everything that had been happening.

To say the least, Jack was mad. He was so so angry but also so upset. He couldnt care less about Jonah leaving...even hoped he didnt come back. After Zach was out cold the lights were turned on and Jack noticed the room had become chared and realized how afraid zach probably was if the screaming didnt give that away. He had never heard screams so bad in his whole life and thats saying a lot. It broke his heart when he woke up hearing those piercing screams. Unknown to everyone in that house Jack had a getaway spot, His own room. It was the smallest room in the whole house and he decked it out with led lights neon signs a hammock, a small bed, and most important of all locks all up and down the door. 

And that made Daniel so upset. He knew Jack probably had a good reason to keep that safe room a secret but yet he couldnt let any of them know? he couldnt have been like oh yeah if it gets really bad and you need a break just go in there? no he didnt. He kept it all to himself. Thats where he always disappears to when they need him most. Did anyone else besides daniel notice how almost every time something bad happened Jack either disappeared into nowhere or suddenly appeared from nowhere? Because it happened often Daniel just didnt want to bring it up and upset anyone. Daniel actually really liked Jack as a friend but sometimes he just couldnt stand him because he wont help! He has a car, a phone, access to the outside world and yet he wont contact the cops. He's just as bad because he wont help. As much as he plays around with them or says he cares or raises their hopes it doesnt matter because he obviously doesnt care enough to just dial 911 and explain whats going on. Daniel didnt understand day by day this was getting much more dangerous and last night Zach couldve very well died and still not a word about 911 was brought into the conversation by jack.

As of currently, Zach was still asleep in Jacks secret bed. Jack had checked him for burns and He was luck because it couldve been more fatal than what it was he was barely burned but still the skin of his right arm red with agony and the exposed skin of his leg had been darkened from the heat. Jack sat on the floor of that small room his back pressed up against the bed. Just thinking. Thinking about everything. He really should tell the boys about Jonahs demented past and stop closing off but he couldnt do that. Could he? He was used to this life but they weren't. This was the life he chose they didnt choose this. Its not like Jonah has always been this way one day he just snapped. Jonah actually used to love him and be the best man in the world, to him atleast but one day he just broke starting hitting him and screaming often began selfharm and drinking more often. It always hurt Jack seeing the only person he had crumble before him and nobody coukd understand that he knows now that man is a monster and awful but he was still that other man deep deep down. Jack missed him. He missed the guy he loved so much, He missed the guy who used to take him out on an ice cream date every friday night, he misses the guy who used to bring stray animals home because he didnt want them to suffer all alone outside and feeling unloved, He misses the guy who used to volunteer at schools and homeless shelters, he misses the good guy. Its hard to believe that he's become this. Was his Jonah really this awful monster? He really doesnt understand where he went and he is so so angry at that! because how? how could someone be here but completely disappear at the same time? He missed the old Jonah so much and a small part of him still loved that old guy not this new guy but the old one. He missed when he was someones everything when he mattered more than anything to anyone in the whole world. He wishes he could get one more day with him, ONe last love hug, one last good kiss, one last 'I love you,' One last I need you more than anything, one last night of laying in  bed together and actually enjoying it. He would give anything for that feeling to come back, even for just a second.