2

after the game, the girls invited lily to come back to their tent to hang out.

she gladly accepted and walked in as if it was hers.

the twins were dancing to the irish beat of their own voices, clearly still pumped about the game.

"theres no one like krum!" ron began.

"krum?"

"he's like a bird, the way he rides the wind!"

the twins began to fly around him and repeating krum.

"he's more than an athlete! he's an artist!"

"i think you're in love ron," ginny teased.

"shut up, gin."

lily giggled and went over to ginny, wrapping an around around her, "this okay?"

ginny nodded.

naturally, lily loved physical touch, but she knew not everyone took it well, so she made it into a habit to ask.

the boys began to sing a song to tease ron even further, lily giggled and leaned on ginny's shoulder.

"sounds like the irish got their pride on," chuckled george, while ron and fred started to fight.

"stop, stop it. it's not the irish, we gotta get out of here now," said arthur, alarming everyone.

they went outside and met with the horror. tents on fire, people screaming and running all over the place.

"head back to the port key everyone, and stick together! fred, george! ginny is your responsibility!"

nervously, lily put her hand in rons and pulled him, running with him and following the twins.

"harry!" she heard hermione call.

"cedric! dad!" she screamed, checking the tent.

"theres no time, lily we have to go!" ron said, pulling her away. catching up with the rest, they regrouped and noticed they lost harry. hermione kept calling him but he was being pushed around by others.

somehow they made it to the portkey and only ginny, fred, geroge and lily passed through.

"where's hermione?"

"they stayed looking for harry, he got lost," george informed.

"i'll take you home," said fred. she nodded and walked with him to the opposite direction of ginny and george.

"do you think they're alright?"

"cedric and mr. diggory?" she nodded. "of course! cedrics the highest ranking hufflepuff in the strength contest, he'll be fine lily."

"and my dad."

"he probably stayed behind with mine to work with the rest of the ministry. don't worry," unusually, his normally teasing tone was gone, and was filled with empathy and comfort.

she sighed as she walked in her house, with fred following, about to tell her mother everything that had happened.

lily immediately felt better when she saw cedric on the couch, waiting for her.

"i'm so glad you're okay, i apparated three times already!" he said, holding her short body close.

"i'm fine. worried about ron, 'mione and harry though. they're still there."

"it'll be fine, the ministry is there. mom just left to help out dad."

"i'll get going now."

"thank you fred," she said, looking at him sincerely.

"thank you," cedric also joined, patting his younger sisters head.

"think nothing of it. see you two at school."

with that fred left their home, leaving the two siblings along with their little sister claire, who was asleep taking in account how late it was.

"go to bed first, i'll wait here for mum and dad."

she nodded and ran up to her room, trying not to cry.

it was going to be a long night.