52

"lily please."

"no."

"please."

"no."

"lily pleeeeease. i will never ask for anything more."

"no, ernie. i'm not gonna read to you in my dumbledore impression," lily yelled, earning stares from other tables.

"pleeeeeeeease."

"lily for the love of god make him stop!" kim groaned in annoyance.

"he's gonna get worse!" matt complained.

"you baby him so much," jackson piped in.

"shut yer trap. lily, this is a serious request. i need to hear it."

"why? you absolutely loath dumbledore!" talia retaliated, normally ignoring their stupid banter but couldn't help joining in.

"so? i hate everyone that isn't professor sprout. what's your point?"

"my point is, what comfort is the dumbledore impression going to bring?"

"it's funny!"

"it's not!"

"its the worst!"

"kay but i love it! so please lily," he pleaded with large eyes.

lily shoved him away with a laugh.

"lily please!" he yelled, earning stares from the other tables. "i will embarrass you to the fullest until you do it!"

"no ernie please, don't!" he stood on the bench, crouching because of the luggage bars and nearly fell.

"hey everyone, lily can't ride a-" all of his friend started hitting him so he would stop. "a- a- ouch! a broom!" he laughed.

"that's not even bad! not everyone can fly!"

"then! lily used to have a crush on me and we kis-" lily turned beet red and started hitting him with a book. ernie yelped in pain.

"wait! ernie continue!"

"no! ernie, please stop."

"we kissed in a tree-" she started to pull him down, and fell onto her due to the train moving around.

"you promised you wouldn't tell," she frowned, as their faces were so close to each other.

"you can't possibly still be embarrassed. it's been six years, love!"

"i am! you jerk!" she hit his shoulder and left to the bathroom.

"nice one ernie," talia and kim both shook their heads and followed lily to the bathroom.

"no but mate, seriously, how'd it go?" matt and jackson leaned forward.

"shove off," he mumbled, following them to the bathroom.

"it's okay baby, he didn't finish. it's not that bad," kim said.

"let me talk to her," he whispered.

the two left, unsure if they should.

"lily," he exhaled. "hey love, i'm sorry. i didn't think you'd still be embarrassed."

"you said i was a bad kisser. i was only 12."

"and so was i," he chuckled a bit. "i wasn't any better than you. and i apologized so many times, love."

"you did so why'd you bring it up again," she opened the door with a frown, but luckily for ernie, no tears were present.

"just wanted to tease you, love. plus, it's our only kiss, and i never stop thinking about it," he whispered the last bit shyly.

"what was that?" she smiled up at him.

"oh shut up."

the two laughed for a bit and lily hugged him.

"please. do not bring it up, ever again."

"fine."

the two looked at each other for a good couple minutes.

"lily, can i kiss you?" he whispered, looking from her eyes to her lips.

lily thought about it.

ron likes hermione.

hermione likes talia.

talia likes hermione.

ernie likes her.

lily doesn't know who she likes anymore, since ron entirely rejected her after kissing her.

she's always been about ernie and ron.

there was only one way to find out.

lily nodded slowly and connected her lips with ernie's.

as their lips moved in sync, she heard howls from the others in the train cart, claps from matt and jackson who seemed overly excited.

she smiled into the kiss and ernie held her even closer.

by the time they separated, all the other train carts found out.

"did you hear? lily and ernie snogged in front of a whole train cart," ginny told dean. they were close to rons open compartment, so it was no doubt they heard.

"you alright, ron?"

he nodded and mumbled a sad, "i dropped out."