5

"you want to go hang out with the rest in the courtyard?" talia asked as they left their last class of the day, charms.

"you know i meet hermione every tuesday at the library," she reminded softly.

"right. see you at the common room then," she frowned, as if the idea upset her.

"later," she furrowed her eyebrows and walked her walk away rather than her usual skip.

alone, lily walked to the library, trying her best to ignore the durmstrang boys eyeing her as she walked without her robe.

once she entered, she immediately found hermione with ginny and ron.

"please. i don't want to talk to him right now!"

"mr. weasley! quiet!" he earned a smack in the back of the head by the librarian.

"hey," lily smiled at hermione, "ready to study? where's parvati and susan?"

"on second thought, parvati feels sick, susan's going to be late and ron is here asking me for an outrageous favor. want to come with and then we can study?" hermione offered.

"sure. i don't mind."

the four walked out of the castle and towards the side of the lake. she didn't bother asking what was going on, but tried to piece everything together on her own.

at the side of the lake, lily saw neville longbottom and harry talking at the shore.

neville noticed them and waved, she waved back while the rest didn't.

"look, it's already been through enough people. why don't you just go on and talk to him yourself?" hermione sighed. ron mumbled something that she couldn't make out.

"ron, this is your problem, not mine," she scoffed. "what do you want me to say again?"

she went up to harry and said, "ronald would like me to tell you that seamus told him that dean was told by pavarti that hagrids looking for you."

"is that right? well... what?" harry was confused.

"um. um?"

"hagrids looking for you!" lily simplified it for them.

"yeah," hermione sighed.

"well you can tell ronald that-"

"i'm not an owl!" hermione yelled, frustrated and annoyed. the four walked away and ginny looked at lily.

"i didn't know you can yell."

"i can't, it really hurt," she joked, smiling at the younger gryffindor.

"are you guys gonna study?" ron asked, earning two nods. "right then, i'm gonna go find dean."

he left and so did ginny, running off to check on parvati.

"what was your last class today?"

"astronomy," hermione sighed, "it's interesting but such a bore."

"i need to practice help on ancient runes. worst class for me."

"lucky for you, i get high marks in it. you have to help me in herbology though."

"easiest class ever," lily laughed.