36

coughing, lily stepped out of the fire place in the house of black.

"lily?" questioned ginny.

"hey, gin," she smiled, still coughing. ginny helped her and hugged her tightly.

"merry christmas," the two said to each other.

"kids! come down!" called mrs. weasley. the two girls rushed out to meet the rest of the bunch coming down the stairs and greeting her, noticeably sad bc of their fathers condition.

"glad you're here," ron whispered, waiting for everyone to leave into the kitchen before pulling her in for a long awaited hug. the two stood a couple minutes, lily letting him take as long as he needed.

noticing them missing, hermione's steps did not go unheard, making them separately quickly. lily blushed as ron put his arm on her shoulder and lead her into the kitchen.

lily, ron and ginny stood on one side while the twins and hermione stood on another.

"ho ho ho! merry christmas!" a figure flew around and lily smiled slightly. "here we go. daddy's back," said molly as she sat mr weasley down.

the weasleys and guests clapped for him, glad he was back.

"lily dear, happy you're here," she gave her a small kiss on the cheek. "now sit down, everybody, sit down. thats it. now, presents!" she exclaimed joyfully.

"for the dearest lily," she smiled, putting a small box in front of her.

"you shouldn't have."

"i wanted to. now a big nice box for ron," she placed a larger box in front of him. then she handed a gift each for the twins. "now open them up, i want to see your faces."

lily giggled as she opened hers up. it was a yellow jumper with a large l in black wool. "thank you so much mrs weasley."

she looked over at ron who pulled out a peculiar sweater vest. the two looked at each other and broke into giggles.

"just what he wanted, actually," she said. the two nodded at her, smiling.

"yeah, mum. thanks," he responded.

"come on, then, everybody. let's clear the table," she ushered them.

she went to harry and gave him a gift.

they started to pass around glasses and filling them with champagne. they all stood to make a christmas toast.

"to harry potter without whom i would not be here," said mr. weasley through obvious distraught.

"harry," the twins said, along with everyone else in raising the glasses.

"is that sirius black?" lily asked ron, earning a nod as he served himself food.

"he's quite fit," she mumbled, not expecting ron to turn to her with furrowed eyebrows.

"if you're into older guys," he scoffed, receiving a shrug from the girl, who started giggling.

"you've gone mad," he nudged her.