42

finally after two long weeks of owl examinations, everyone was deadbeat.

it was the day of the last examination, with professor umbridge and lily was nearly done.

since their course changed, there was no practical exam for defense against the dark arts, it was all theory.

after writing her last sentence, she slammed her quill down and got up, turning in her exam to umbridge, proudly. once she turned around she saw everyone looking at her, with large eyes and agape mouths.

"miss diggory, you're free to go."

"i know," she remarked, grabbing her things, winking at ron and ernie.

as she strutted out of the great hall, she heard a loud boom. she stopped her tracks and turned around to umbridge, who started walking forward. everyone looked towards the doors, the loud banging becoming loudly by the second.

once she opened the door, bright sparks floated in front of her, then went into the classroom and popped like a firework.

"alright professor!" lily heard fred say as he and george zoomed through the hall on his broomstick.

everyones exams flew upward and the students got out of their seats, looking at the fireworks.

they looked at umbridge as she ran towards them and filch came in.

"ready when you are," laughed a twin, putting a thumbs up for the other, who threw another firework. the firework turned into some sort of creature and started chasing around umbridge. the loud sparks soon spread and took down all of her rules. lily laughed as ernie came up behind her, all fifth years rushing after the twins.

ron pulled lilys hand as they made it to the front of the crowd, clapping and laughing at the twins' major prank. lily smiled but wasn't sharing the same excitement as the rest. rather she looked around and saw harry look distressed.

"harry," she called softly, but didn't gain his attention.

she retracted her hand from rons grasp and reached for harry's shoulders as he started to fall to the floor.

"harry," she whispered, carefully placing her hands on his head, and helping him come to. ron turned around and tried to help as well.

"we have to go! i have to save him!" he yelled suddenly.

"harry, calm down first," she nodded slowly. he took a few breathes and then sat up.

"thank you, l-lily," he stuttered. it was hard to say her name as it was the same as his mothers.

"let's go inside and talk."

the four, after ron had grabbed hermione walked up the stairs to gryffindor tower.

"i saw voldemort," he said. "i saw it. just like with mr. weasley. it's the same door i've been dreaming about for months. only i couldn't remember where i'd seen it before. sirius said voldemort was after something, something he didn't have last time and it's in the department of mysteries," he told them, rushing up the stairs.

"harry please! just listen!" hermione pleaded. "what if voldemort meant for you to see this? what if he's only hurting sirius because he's trying to get to you?" asked hermione once he turned around.

"what if he is? i'm supposed to just let him die? hermione, he's the only family i've got left."

lily frowned and nodded. "i'm with you harry."

"what do we do?" ron asked.

"we'll have to use the floo network," he started running again.

"umbridge has all the chimneys under surveillance," lily reminded.

"not all of them!"

quickly, they snuck lily in the gryffindor common room and swiftly changed clothes.

"sorry, you're a lot bustier than i am. and more fashionable," hermione sighed with a laugh.

"a simple jumper will do. don't worry," she smiled, looking at the clothes, noticing a specific jumper that had a lame wizard joke that only one person owned.

"what's talia's 'saucery' jumper doing in your clothes?" lily questioned, holding up the clothing.

"nothing," hermione muttered quickly, snatching it out of her hand, blushing and ending the conversation, earning a laugh from lily.