66

when ron finally woke up, he was beyond suprised to find only lily sitting in a chair, resting her head on the bed.

he groaned and lily quickly lifted her head at the noise. immense relief filled her body.

"you're awake," she said happily.

"what happened? have you been here the whole time?" she nodded with a giggle.

"three whole days," she admitted.

"but- but that means class started." she nodded. "you missed class?"

"nothing i don't already know. i- i couldn't leave."

"lily-"

"i'm just really glad you're okay," she smiled sadly, trying not to cry. "do you want water? or something to eat?" she suddenly stood up.

"water would do me good, thanks."

she nodded and walked on the other side of his bed, pouring some water into a glass.

"did i miss anything?"

"well, um, talia and hermione are together," she smiled, "and uh, um, well ernie and i, we, we aren't together anymore."

"oh," ron tried not to smile. "sorry to hear that. are you okay?"

"me? i'm fine. i broke it off with him," she admitted, making ron feel loads better.

"why? if you don't mind."

"i didn't love him the way i thought i did," she confessed. "it was more platonic."

ron nodded understandingly.

"oh, and um, you, you broke up with lavender," she mumbled.

"i did? how?"

"you said some things, the night you were poisoned. she didn't take it well," lily tried to word it so it didn't sound so bad.

"to the point of breaking up? what did i say?"

"dunno, wasn't here for it," she lied.

"well, happy incident," he chuckled tiredly. "been meaning to break it off."

"you have?"

"yeah, honestly. she just wasn't right for me."

"i know what you mean," lily whispered.

"lily?"

"yeah ron?"

"remember that kiss we shared last summer?"

"ever so clearly," lily looked down.

"that night, after that kiss, i made the biggest mistake of my life," she looked up at him. "i didn't want to say any of those words i told you, and i truly don't understand why i would even say that."

"what're you saying, ron?"

"lily, i like you, i've always liked you. since the day that i met you, i could never get you out of my head."

she giggled softly, one of his favorite sounds.

"i was so stupid after i kissed you, i should have just been honest with you, and told you how i felt, but i was scared."

"it's okay-"

"it's not! it's wasted time. lily i like you so much, i want to be with you," he confessed.

"i like you too," she smiled sadly, sitting on the hospital bed next to him. he smiled and put his hand over hers.

"can i kiss you?" he asked softly, sitting up.

"mhm," she nodded, giggling at his large smile. he leaned forward, placing his hand on one side of her cheek, while using the other to put her dirty blond hair behind her ear. he closed his eyes and lily did the same, leaning in but letting him take charge.

the kiss felt perfect, yet so imperfect. just the way they were.

lily put her arms around his neck and reached for his hair, gasping lowly when ron place a hand on her hip.

"this okay?"

"yes," she nodded, kissing him again and pulling him closer. ron smiled into the kiss, feeling as if his heart would burst of happiness. lily smiled back, feeling safe and sound in his arms.

once they parted, lily gave him a longing hug.

"i'm not letting you go," ron whispered.

"don't you dare," she said back, holding him as if her life depended on it.