Chapter 1 The day it all started

This is my first fanfic so it's not the best but stick with me I'm trying my best ❤️

~ Kayla's POV ~
The sound of my stupid alarm woke me up once again at 7am reminding me I had another day of hell to look forward to. I got up, had a quick shower and tried to look my best but with the hideous Norwest school shirt I was limited. I decided to shove on some black leggings and my black vans and somehow managed to to blend it in with the shirt to look like school uniform but I wouldn't be surprised if I was brought up about it at school. I moved over to my dressing table and applied a some concealer to hide any spots before outlining my eyes with a thin eye liner and a coat of mascara. I finished the look of with a pale pink lip balm and a messy ponytail. I died my hair blonde a month or two ago but now I had brown roots growing in. I realised I was getting uglier each day but that's not my fault it's just stress. I mean it's not normal for a 17 year old girl to be practically living alone. I did have a mum but she was never home she was always in the hospital with my little brother. He was 5 months old and hanging on to life by a thread. I had been to see him once but couldn't go back it was heartbreaking watching him take each breath that may be his last.
The doorbell rang and it scared the living daylight out of me! Who could it be? No one has set foot on the driveway except me of course, since the day my mum went into labour 5 months ago. I crept downstairs and peaked out the window but I was too late. all I saw was a man dressing in dark clothes heading for a black car. Thank god they didn't see me if anyone knew I was here alone I would be shoved into care before I could say my own name.
I spent the next 10 minutes wondering if my life will ever be the same again. I looked at the clock and knew the bus would be here any minute, I grabbed my school bag and an apple and headed for the door.