Chapter 4. House Hunting and Shinigami

It took three days before the land had been purchased. Two of which were spent waiting for an Equine courier to return with a storage scroll filled with golden coins and pearls that were purchased by a variety of merchants and jewelers, and a storage scroll that simply held another, much more massive scroll.

After another day of looking around, the traveler decided on a twenty acre plot of land near the Nara compound, bordering their forests.

"The Nara reminds me of my cousin. The deer remind me of the other." He said.

The land was covered in trees that Amahiko usually chopped up with wind chakra. But some of the others, the oldest trees especially, were moved with Mokuton, which made one ANBU fall out of his tree in shock much to Naruto's amusement.

"There is no such thing as an elemental release, Kekkei Genkai, only family lines that have an affinity for the base components," Amahiko said as the ANBU scrambled up into the tree, mask askew.

"Does that mean I can use Renton?" Naruto had asked. He had been obsessed with Storm release ever since Amahiko had used it in his match.

"If you have an affinity for or the patience to develop Wind and Water affinities, then yes."

"Sugoi!"

When Amahiko had cleared enough space, an area just as wide as the Nara compound, and flattened it with Doton, he removed a scroll from his belt, elongated to fifty yards. "Help me spread this out, Naruto."

Between the two of them, they took the scroll and pulled, revealing a massive storage scroll the exact base dimensions of the cleared land.

"He didn't," Inu whispered as Amahiko instructed Naruto on a quick history and use of storage scrolls.

"Kai!" Naruto yelled gleefully.

A massive ploof of chakra smoke rose into the air, making it impossible to see farther than a few inches.

The wind blew, chakra enhanced, and the smoke cleared, revealing a compound just as grand as the Nara next door.

"He did," Neko said.

"Alright, let's grow some trees," Amahiko said, heading inside. "I'm thinking a few cherry trees, and something for climbing, with wide branches so our watchers are comfy. Shoes off. Go pick a room that's empty and then find your way to the garden."

Naruto hurried to explore the house, shoes left at the entrance. He didn't have indoor sandals yet so Amahiko let him run.

"ANBU-san," Amahiko said once Naruto was out of hearing range. "These are for you."

The newest Jounin held up three seal tags, Inu appearing to take them a moment later.

"The wards will be up soon. The gardens and grounds are not warded with anything but detection seals but the house is. This will allow one person in each, and only one. If you or the two teammates you give them lose them, I will change the wards enough that the old is useless and give you a new one. I'm taking Naruto's safety very seriously."

Inu took the keys, for that is what they were, and tucked them into his pocket, before vanishing into the trees again where Amahiko felt him give one to Neko, and the other to Kuma.

"Have you chosen yet?" Amahiko yelled. "The one full of limited edition and rare Icha Icha merchandise is mine!"

Amahiko snickered as he felt Inu, whom he had seen reading the same series, pass through the still passive wards.

Naruto wound up claiming a room overlooking the garden and skipped the finding his way out part by jumping from the window.

"Careful now. It won't do to break any bones."