Chapter 5. Roommates

Minato Namikaze had known nothing but pain since he died, but that had changed recently into a numb bliss.

He had remained that way for a while before he got the distinct impression he was being handed off to someone before emotions that were not his rushed over him, safety, and a sense of being reunited.

Then a moment later he felt his own chakra again and how he had missed the feeling of energy in his body.

Then he had a body, and that body could move.

He opened his eyes to see that he was in his old house, down to the last detail.

Had he somehow survived? He cast out his senses to check.

No, everything, from the walls to the smallest nail was made of chakra, a mixture between his and another.

He threw them his senses even further, looking for someone, anyone, but Minato could only sense his and this unknown's chakra.

No, there was a third, coming from the basement.

Cautiously, Minato grabbed his kunai and made his way downstairs.

In the living room, there was a TV that hadn't been there, the screen on but dark. The kitchen also had a fully stocked fridge and a newly installed bar for some reason.

Minato disregarded it in favor of the further investigation.

At the bottom step, Minato noticed there was a barred door like a prison cell.

Reaching into his pouch to remove an exploding tag, he found, instead of the tag he sought, a large bronze key, nestled among his custom fuinjutsu augmented tags.

"Well, that's ominous," Minato said to himself.

This could only be only one thing.

Despite his senses screaming, Minato continued forward, unlocking the door and emerging into a massive industrial sewer.

The entire place was tinted red and proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that this wasn't real, so Minato continued on, towards where a very large gate, held together by a slip of paper, laid.

As he drew closer, both the Kyuubi chakra and a new but extremely familiar chakra grew stronger.

"Well, well, well. Seems that Shinigami finally had his ass kicked. Your son has made a very powerful friend, Yondaime."

"Kyuubi." Minato breathed, realization crashing down on him. "Are we in Naruto's seal?"

"Guessed it in one. It seems there is something between those ears of yours after all. Took you long enough to get here. Of course, only a human could mess up so badly and summon the wrong death god."

The Kyuubi laughed, a horrible sound like nails on a chalkboard and the screaming of men.

"I summoned the wrong one?"

"Well, since it seems we're roommates, I guess I can throw you a bone. The Dead Demon summoning seal is supposed to summon Death, capital D but you didn't have enough chakra or the shinigami interfered but instead of sealing your soul in here with me he ate your soul and put a shadow clone in the place of your soul. Few years pass and I feel one of my elders examining the seal and using their magicks to create a section of mindscape just for you before ripping out the shadow clone and stuffing you in."

The Kyuubi got right up against the bars. "So, Minato, wanna see what your brat is up to?"

--------------