Chapter 10. Parseltongue isnt Evil

Three and a half weeks later, four very tired Jounin, and a pair of brown-haired troublemakers, were carried through the Village gates on summoned horses.

"Team Amahiko, returning from their mission," Shikaku said. "Along with two tagalongs."

Two ANBU teams immediately dropped down from the wall to escort the group, watching Amahiko and his tagalongs the most.

"The Hokage wants to see you."

Amahiko groaned but slid off his horse. "Thanks, Blackjack. I'll summon you for donuts later."

The horse, black as night, nickered and vanished, the other summons soon following.

"Oh, so this is, Konoha." One of the tagalongs asked. "Nice place."

"Full of color."

"Trees."

"Angsty shinobi."

"Excellent food."

"Wayward go-"

Amahiko muffled both of their mouths followed by a burst of killing intent that made the ANBU pale. "Stop talking."

"Hai, Amahiko-sama." The boys grinned, not phased at all by the killing intent that rivaled the Kyuubi's.

They thankfully made it to the Hokage tower without bloodshed and Amahiko gave his report, practiced with Shikaku who had given him a quick lesson.

"And your tagalongs?" The hokage asked, looking amused at the two teens who were being restrained by Shikaku's shadow jutsu so they would stop poking around the office as they had been during Amahiko's report.

"Ayumu and Kenzo Olympia. My cousins."

Ayumu and Kenzo, formerly known as Conner and Travis, bowed to the Hokage, breaking Shikaku-s shadow jutsu with ease.. "An honor to meet you." They said together.

Amahiko sighed. "They found me when we were resting for the night on the way back to Konoha and decided to come to see what's kept my attention this long. It was to agree or fight. You can't lose these two. They specialize in infiltration, tracking, and sabotage. If they felt like it, they could steal the mask off your ANBU."

The Hokage raised an eyebrow. "Is that so? I would like to see that."

Amahiko groaned as Ayumu and Kenzo grinned and revealed what was behind their backs, holding up five ANBU masks each.

The Hokage started laughing as the ANBU summoned the retrieval seals and pulled them back to their hiding places, a few giving off Killer Intent as the brunettes laughed alongside the mortal god of Shinobi.

"Why did you come back to Konoha with Amahiko?"

The pair exchanged a look. "We used to travel together..."

"Friends since the day we met..."

"...but a year ago..."

"...Amahiko-sama came here..."

"...and never left..."

"He sent us letters..."

"...but we wanted..."

"... to see first hand...

"... what was so great..."

"...about Konoha."

"I see." The Hokage mused. "Are you planning on staying long?"

The pair shrugged. "Maybe?" They said together.