Chapter 21. Nico

Dinner was nice, Naruto inviting Sakura, who decided to come, a bit wiser to the ways of the shinobi and very disenchanted with Sauske after she saw him fighting the Jounin.

Right now, all of the genin were sparring under Kakashi's distant supervision.

"Say, Amahiko." Chouza said, leaning over his massive dinner tray. "You're the head of your clan, right?"

Amahiko shrugged. "I only really have authority during a clan meet. We don't really see each other very often."

Shikaku nodded. "If they are all even half as powerful as you, and just as long lived, staying in a compound would be suffocating."

"Exactly. We have our ways to talk to each other and when we do meet, we help each other. It less like having a clan and more like having a large network of friends who know what you did a thousand years ago."

"And will tease you about it for another thousand I wager." Inoichi laughed, raising his cup of sake.

"Spot on as always, Inoichi!" Amahiko agreed, raising his glass to meet the chief interrogator's.

"Olynpia has a homeland, right?" Chouza asked, a skewer of meat in his hand. "The Akimichi are from the east, near the border of fire country. The Nara and Yamanaka too."

Amahiko nodded. "Yeah. High in the mountains of Kumo but only a few of us live there. Few non-Olympia have ever seen it."

"What's it like?" Choiza asked, mouth full as he moved on to a vegtable skewer.

"Most of the buildings and public areas are designed by my wife, Annabeth, but each Olympia has their own place and land that we designed or helped design. My home looks similar to the compound with a few more sea themed decor."

"Sounds beautiful."

"Anyway, Amahiko." Shikaku said, refilling the god's glass. "Since there are five members of Olympia here in Konoha, three of whom are active shinobi."

"Six." Amahiko corrected. "Naruto will be traveling to my homeland when he turns thirteen for an adoption ceremony. He will be Olympia, Uzumaki and Namikaze."

Inoichi looked startled and Chouza spat out his sake while Shikaku took a long suffering sigh.

Amahiko looked around. "Am I not supposed to know that?"

Inoichi glared. "It was an S-class secret."

"Then I am completely not at fault since I didn't know it was supposed to be a secret."

"Does Naruto know?"

Amahiko sighed. "I'm going to let you three know something, as a sign of good faith for whatever scheme Shikaku has planned."

"I was hoping for a fourway alliance after Olympia became a clan."

"Sure, I'm in."

"That's it?" Inoichi asked. "No bartering or demands of resources."

"I like you guys and Shikaku makes a great baby sitter."

Chouza burst out laughing as Shikaku groaned.

"Of course, I cannot force Olympia to join Konoha. We are far too wide spread for that. Jason loves Suna and Cloud, and Thalia adores Kumo as much she does Hi No kuni. And don't even get me started on Hazel and her adoration of the plains of grass and the mountains of Iwa. I couldn't take their homes from them. We are a clan of wanderers. However, what I can do, if give the alliance my political and social support, along with my clansmen recognizing members of the Yamanaka, Nara and Akimichi and providing aid and resources where applicable. And of course, we will stand with you to defend yourselves, but if you want to start a war,. We cannot join in. The ancient laws laid down by our forefathers. We will fight if we must, but we will never start a war."