Chapter 12. More Truths. It is a Ninja Villiage

And so Percy told the story of how the world had been engulfed in war, and the old gods faded and how their children had to take their places before Nature could finish destroying what was left. Of how chakra came to be, the sealing of Kaguya and the creation of the Biju, and of how Kekkei Genkai came to first given to beloved mortals raised as a kami's own child. And of the little blonde and blue-eyed boy whose experimental teleportation technique pulled him from the mortal world and into the heavens where he crashed into and broke a gods coffee table.

When he was done, there were many questions and Kakashi vanished for a few weeks to wrap his head around everything.

Yugao became more polite and called him sama until he beat her black and blue in a duel and forced her to say -san.

Shikaku continued to keep a wary eye on him, sticking around more when Shikamaru was at Naruto's house but eventually he decided Amahiko wasn't a threat to anyone who wasn't a threat to Naruto.

Kakashi came back and asked Percy some questions, mainly the big existential questions.

"I don't know, Kakashi. They are either waiting for you or they've chosen to be reincarnated. You won't find out until you die yourself."

"I wanted to say I'm sorry."

Amahiko smiled. "Write a letter and burn it at midnight on the new moon. Or give it to a screech owl."

And then he walked away.

Yugao lightened up on the worship but was still respectful, something Amahiko was grateful for, as Naruto was starting to notice.

The Genin exams were coming up and Naruto was panicking, still not able to perform a bunshin. Amahiko eventually caved and the Uzumaki hunters came a few weeks early to help him prepare.

With their help and experience in the massive reserves all Uzumaki had, Naruto was able to make a very shaky quartet of Bunshin.

Kakashi had taken to burning a letter for his fallen loved ones and was surprised one day when he woke up with a letter on his nightstand. On the envelope were the words, "Only because my cousin likes you, and just the once."

Inside were three letters, one from his father, one from Kushina, and the last from Rin.

Learning the truth behind why Rin had jumped in front of Kakashi's chidori helped. Not much, but it did.

He was better after that, less sad. He had begun going out more and participating in life again.

"Rin said Obito isn't down there," Kakashi told Amahiko one day over sake, the jounin with his mask down in a rare sign of trust. "Minato-sensei isn't there either."

"Obito might have chosen rebirth." Amahiko offered. "But Nico doesn't keep records. You got the dead, you got the Lethe, and you got the gate back up. You go when you wanna."

Kakashi hummed.

"Maa, you still got Naruto and Tenzou and you're stuck with me until you die and possibly afterward."

"Minato-sensei wouldn't leave Kushina alone."

"Minato Namikaze is trapped in Naruto's seal," Amahiko said, taking a sip and gazing up at the full moon. "He's standing between the fox and the kid. Ayumu will take them below together."

Kakashi's eyes had widened. "Minato-sensei is in Naruto's seal?"

Amahiko blinked. "Didn't I mention that?"

"No."

"Oops."

Kakashi was silent when Amahiko finished explaining, later vanishing to burn a letter or find a screech owl.