Chapter 14

It had been two days since she left her journal with Engin and he had yet to call her. She was glad she had to work today so that she could keep her mind busy. She was nervous to hear what he had to say. She knew he could tell her that she was a talented writer or that she needed to find another career. But, in her heart she knew that the story she told of her love for Can was amazing. It had to be, after all, their love had been a once in a lifetime love, even with all the ups and downs. She had tried to tell the story the way it happened, she didn't leave out a single thing about how they met, what terrible things she had done and even how she had to leave to make herself healthy. She told what happened from the first day she went to the agency to the day she walked away from Can at the mountain hut. 

She was walking home from work, when Emir opened the door to his house. "Ah, Sanem, can you come to dinner tonight Engin would like to speak with you?"

"I would love to come to dinner, I will freshen up and then be over."

He nodded his head in agreement and went back in the house. Sanem was wringing her hands together. Ah, Sanem she thought then she looked to the sky "Allah, please let him like my book."

She quickly went in and washed her face and changed clothes, she didn't want to appear eager but she had waited two days to hear what he had to say. She knocked on the door and Emir once again showed her into his home. She walked over and hugged Belgin.

They had dinner and lots of senseless but fun conversation, Sanem was going crazy, she wanted so bad to ask Engin what he thought of the book. She noticed Emir nod his head toward her and raise an eyebrow. Engin laughed at how nervous Sanem was.

"I have only one thing to say about your book." he paused  "I couldn't put your book down." She finally let out the breath the was holding. "Your writing is very articulate and crisp. The way you described your feelings for the Albatross were eloquent and lyrical."

She smiled at his words.

"I could go on and on but if you let me I would love to publish your novel"

"Are you serious? I mean you really want to help me with getting my book published?"

"Yes, I do. Your story is going to enchant and enthrall your readers. Your words hypnotize me, I couldn't wait to read the next chapter. Now, I want you to know I have a contract written up and you will get an advance payment before the book comes out. My company will expect you to do a book tour."

"An advance?"

"Yes, we will pay you a percentage upfront of what we consider the book will make when it goes on sale."

"How many cities would I have to tour and where?"

"I would say at least ten cities and we will start in cities and towns around Turkey and then if you want to expand the tour we can."

"Where do I sign?" she said quickly

"Hold on, I want you to read the contract word for word and then if you have someone who can look it over to advise you, I would prefer you do that."

"See, I told you my son was honest and fair." Emir said proudly.

"Take the contract with you, read over it and call someone. We will talk in a day or two and see how you feel. Ok?"

She agreed picked up the contract and hugged both men and then headed for home. She was off tomorrow so she would read the contract tonight and then call Metin to see if she could send him a copy to look over. She knew he wouldn't tell Can anything as Can had yet to contact him.

She poured herself a cup of tea and then sat down to read over the papers.