[19] Peace

"With all respect sir, this is delusional!"

"What was that, Ms. Choi?"

And Lia became braver than any other time of her life.

"Ryujin shouldn't be kicked out of the school just because of an incident that hasn't even been her idea. Heck, she didn't even touch the thing that exploded!"

"As I said, this wasn't the first time something like that happened. There's a lot more stuff that happened before you even attented this school."

"So? Don't you think people can change? In the matter of fact, Ryujin is a better person now than she was a few months ago, I know that she thinks before she actually does anything. She grew up and became a better person, and that's the best she can do."

"Well, the incident today proved me otherwise."

"And it still wasn't her idea and definetly not her fault that this thing blew up."

"Are you trying to talk back at me, Ms. Choi?"

"Lia, it's okay, really..." Ryujin whispered, even though Lia couldn't see it, she heard how the outsider was crying.

"No, it's not okay, and no, I'm not trying to talk back at you, I'm just trying to show you that Ryujin doesn't deserve to get kicked out of school, that she deserves another chance. Ryujin was actually the person who reacted the quickest after the fire started. Have you even watched the full security video? You can literally see that Ryujin burned herself because she dragged John out of the flames, she saved him from getting hurt even further and possibly-"

"ENOUGH!"

He slammed his hands on the table while standing up, before quickly sitting back down, fixing the tie on his suit, his voice being a lot more quiet this time.

"In the matter of fact, I haven't watched the full video yet. If what you say is actually the truth, I will definetly think of another solution that doesn't include her getting expelled."

Turning around and playing the video again, everyone was able to see the exact same thing they had witnessed earlier, they saw every single detail just like it happened. 

"WHY AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO DOES SOMETHING, GRAB A FIRE EXTINGUISHER OR SOMETHING! Johnny, for fuck's sake, talk to me, can you hear me? Oh fuck, this is bullshit..."

Pressing the same button on his remote control to pause the video, the principal faced Ryujin again.

"That changes the situation of course. First of all, I think it's very brave and selfless of you to help your friend the way you did. Not many people would have done this."

"Thank you, sir."

"But if it was up to me, you would still be expelled for all the things that happened earlier, as all of this was the final straw to me. But..."

His glance went back to Lia again.

"I'm going to put my whole trust in what Ms. Choi told me about you and not kick you out of school just yet."

The way Ryujin smiled after that was the most heartwarming thing, and even though Lia couldn't see it, she could still feel how Ryujin's muscles instantly relaxed, as both of her hands were still on her shoulders.

"But I most definetly will if there is only a single incident again. Is that clear?"

"Yes, sir."

"Though you won't be getting out of this without a fitting punishment. I will inform you what that would be tomorrow. All of you are dismissed now. Have a nice day."