[8] Apologize

After Lia successfully walked down the stairs (Ryujin was right, it was actually kind of hard to focus onto walking straight), she was greeted with the smell of eggs and toast and the sound of something frying.

She took a deep breath.

Do I really want to face Ryujin right now, after everything that happened yesterday or was it a better idea to just storm out to the door to my right, which seemed to be the front door?

No, she actually had to do it.

If she didn't, Ryujin would never even look at her again for the rest of her life.

It was hard to bring herself to walk towards the sound, because she was still so incredibly nervous about all of this, but somehow, her rational thinking overpowered her anxiety.

You're in the house of the girl you like and who everyone wanted to spend the night with, you even slept in her bed and are wearing her clothes right in this moment.

...While she was making breakfast for you two.

This just seems too surreal to actually be true.

Lia then stopped in the doorframe of the kitchen before leaning against it, trying hard to look calm as she saw Ryujin standing at the stove, probably frying the eggs she smelled earlier.

The black, oversized hoodie made her seem so cuddly and soft that Lia had to gulp.

Ryujin couldn't see her because her back was facing the door, so Lia actually had to say hello first before it got too awkward.

"Hey, Ryujinie."

Ryujin then turned around, flashing Lia one of the warmest smiles she had ever seen, Lia's heartbeat increasing once again.

The outsider's eyes wandered down to the stuff Lia was wearing, or more specifically the stuff she gave her, before grimacing widely.

"Hey. You look cute in my hoodie."

She chuckled, before Lia started to grin too, getting more comfortable around the taller girl once again.

"Well, who doesn't look cute in oversized hoodies? But thanks, for both the compliment and giving me something to wear. My clothes really smell like I have attended Woodstock 2.0."

Ryujin laughed again, before turning back around.

"That's not really surprising, you smoked more weed than I ever thought you would. You want eggs?"

"Yeah, sure. Also, thank you, for letting me stay here and also for making breakfast. And for looking out for me yesterday."

"It's no big deal, I kind of had to after all. Like seriously, I didn't even know that it was possible to throw up from weed, but you were close to actually make it possible. By the way, you can sit down wherever you want."

Ryujin took out two plates from the cupboard, placing the eggs on them, Lia sitting down silently on a chair in front of the kitchen table.

"How do you know?"

"You told me. That's why there's a bucket standing in my room, because I handed you one in case you needed to vomit. I know I'm not in the position to tell you what to do, but I would really be more careful if you do it again. Not only was the weed Hyunjin brought along extremly... well-working, but also, you smoked more than all of us. And it was your first time being high, so you can't really handle weed just yet."

She placed one on the plates in front of Lia, while she placed the other one on the opposite side of the table, before sitting down.

"I know that you're probably worried, but I promise that I'll slow down, alright? It was too much, I know that and I'm sorry."