[38] Hiccups

"I have to go now, I'll come back tomorrow, is that okay?"

"Of course, you need to rest too... You've done so much for me lately, you gotta take a break baby...

It was true.

Maybe Ryujin was overworking herself a bit too much, and she knew that, but honestly didn't want to care about it.

So, Lia had to remind her to care about it a couple of times.

In the last two days, Ryujin almost spend the entire time in the hospital, wanting to stay as close to her girlfriend as possible, on one side hoping that Lia would remember anything if she spent more time with her, on the other side simply enjoying that she was awake now.

And in these two days, the outsider treated Lia more like a princess than usual.

Lia was able to stand up and walk, even if one of her legs was still broken, and Ryujin knew that, but whenever she tried standing up to grab something, the taller girl immediatly told her to sit back down and got it for her.

Yesterday night, they were watching a movie together, just enjoying being near each other, holding hands (Lia actually wanted to cuddle her, but the hospital bed simply wasn't big enough for both of them), Ryujin rubbing her thumb over Lia's hand or just simply playing around with it, when Lia said that it would be great to have chocolate right now.

What she didn't expect was that Ryujin soon after that "had to use the bathroom", and didn't come back for a solid 20 minutes.

But when she came crashing through the door, panting heavily, she had two big bags in her hands.

"I tried finding a store that was opened that late at night, but didn't find any, so I went to the gas station and bought about five different types of chocolate, some other candy, soft drinks and roses..."

"How did you manage to bring this here without the doctors finding out?"

"...I have my ways."

Ryujin was sleeping in the hospital in case there was something wrong with Lia or she remembered everything all of the sudden.

Lia would be getting out of the hospital the next day, and she was honestly looking forward to it.

Not only because she didn't want to stay there any longer, but also because she was silently hoping that if she saw the house they were living in, she might remember something, even if it's just a memory or two.

"I'll try, but if there should be any problem, or if you need anything-"

"Ryujin."

Even though Lia tried remaining a stern face, she was still softly smiling at her.

"I'm sorry, but just call me if you want to."

"And you too, even if you just want to talk... I'm here."

"I know you are... I love you."

" love you too... Drive safe."

"I will."

---

Well...

She did drive safely, but nobody knew that her car would break down right in the middle of the road, Ryujin only managing to pull it over to the side, before taking a look underneath the hood.

After several tries of trying to get the car working again, the car didn't move at all, she sighed, shutting the hood, before trying to request a tow truck in the middle of the night.