[32] Fight

The stares.

Most of them smiled at them, so it wasn't too bad, but there will still some who stared at them with absolute disgust.

Some even looked a bit angry, mostly girls, and all of those stares and the judging without saying anything obviously freaked Lia out a bit.

"Hey, are you nervous?"

But the reassurance that Ryujin was right next to her honestly made her feel a bit calmer, the outsider whispering that question while looking at her.

"Maybe a bit, yeah... How can you be so calm?"

"I just don't care about the stares. I kind of even enjoy how grossed out some of them look, because they can't do anything about us."

Lia cracked a smile, before instantly dropping her gaze to the ground, avoiding everyone's attention that way.

And because it seemed like Ryujin studied Lia's body language harder than anything else, the next thing she did was taking her hand inside her own.

"It's okay, let them watch us. Some of them might just be a bit jealous. I mean, I would be too if someone shows up with a girlfriend like you."

The playful eyeroll and the grin that followed on her boo's lips was enough for Ryujin to smile widely, knowing how much Lia secretly enjoyed it when the taller girl made comments like these.

They continued walking down the hallway, both of them had to go to their lockers after all.

But after a couple of steps, Lia could already see how two guys, both of them significantly taller than them, walked past them, smugly grinning, but still looking kind of upset while they did so.

She honestly already expected them to say something stupid, and when one of them spoke up, it was just a confirmation of how fucking dumb people around their age can be.

"Yuki would be turning in her grave if she could see how easy it is for you to go on with your life and find a new victim." 

In the first couple of seconds after that, Lia was so shocked that she didn't know how to react, so she intuitively checked up on Ryujin, who almost had the exact same reaction as her.

But after another few seconds, the smaller girl watched the taller girl's expression change, noticing how her eyes dropped to the ground, her smile dropping and her eyebrows furrowing in hurt.

That was the moment were Lia's mood switched, because this statement obviously triggered all of the things inside Ryujin she tried to finish with.

Someone hurt her boo with an absolutely stupid and braindead statement which only left his mouth because he wanted to harm her.

Someone purposely verbally attacked her girlfriend to make her feel bad and suceeded with it.

So the level of anger building up inside of Lia was unmatched by any other time in her life.

It was so bad that she couldn't even raise her voice at them, as she turned around, looking up to them.

"Can you repeat that for me?"

The people in the hallway turned quiet, all of them realizing that this dude might have taken it a bit too far.

It not only made him shiver, it kind of also scared him how mad this small girl in front of him started to become.

And even Ryujin was surprised by the way her girlfriend was talking to him right now.

He looked away, obviously getting a bit more nervous.