[4] Outplayed

And even though she left the school building, Ryujin was still near it, under the bleachers of the football field, to be exact.

She just wanted to be left alone right now, taking another hit from the joint in her hand, before she leaned back.

Closing her eyes, she inhaled deeply.

Now, she actually managed to get rid of the only friends she had.

Pathetic.

The only people that actually wanted to talk to her now were Hyunjin and Heejin, but she didn't see them too often.

She was alone now.

Suddenly feeling tired, she sighed heavily as she leaned back, slowly drifting off to sleep.

Or more like she almost did.

"Hasn't anyone ever told you not to fall asleep with a lit cigarette? You could start a fire."

Opening her eyes, the first thing she saw was that Lia girl standing right in front of her, as Ryujin just raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"First of all, I wasn't sleeping, and second of all, it's bold of you to assume that this is a cigarette."

"Well, you've got a point there. Mind if I join you?"

Ryujin's first instinct was to say no.

And that was also her second and even her third one.

But she decided to move a bit, so Lia could sit down next to her on the blanket, even though she didn't know why.

When she sat down, Ryujin placed the white tip onto her lips again, trying her best not to look at the girl next to her.

"Why are you even here?"

"I was looking for you."

Ryujin furrowed her eyebrows.

"Why would you be looking for me?"

"I... I wanted to apologize."

And for the first time in this conversation, Ryujin dared to look at Lia.

"Why? Because you lied to everyone so I wasn't getting in trouble with Yeji?"

Lia remained silent.

"Why would you even lie for me anyway? We only talk about once or twice a week."

"I thought it was unfair that you got hurt and had to take the blame for it too, that's why I wanted to apologize. You got hurt, because I was in trouble. So technically, it wasn't really a lie though."

Ryujin rolled her eyes.

"It's not your fault, you know. I would have punched this loser one way or another."

She took another hit.

As she breathed out, she watched the smoke fade away into the air, before mumbling, "But that still doesn't make us friends."

"Well, then why did you care so much about me at the party?" Lia asked, but not in an upset way.

It was more like she was pitying Ryujin, for whatever reason.

"Haven't I already told you that my actions were out of common sense? Besides, I don't get why you would want to befriend someone like me in the first place, I think your 10k Instagram followers should be more interesting than me."

"Oh, so that's what it's all about?

"What do you mean?"

"You really think I'm that arrogant, don't you?"