[42] Bailey

When the doorbell rang the next day and Ryujin wanted to answer it, the first thing Lia did was jumping up from her seat, immediately pulling Ryujin back with a nervous smile.

"I think it's for me babe."

"Oh, okay."

Of course, Ryujin wondered why Lia was acting like that all of the sudden, but what made her even more suspicious was that the popular girl didn't even open the door immediatly and just continued looking at Ryujin.

"Uhm... Can you leave the room for a second?"

"Yeah, sure, but why?"

"You'll see, trust me."

Furrowing her eyebrows in slight confusion while smiling at her girlfriend, Ryujin just did what she had been told, simply trusting Lia with what she said.

After a few seconds, she heard how Lia called for her, and when she entered the room, she seriously didn't know what was going on when she saw  a dog right in front of her, a German Shepherd, to be exact, who was already making it's way to Ryujin and sniffed her excitedly.

But when she realized by the proud and kind of smug grin on her girlfriend's face, her jaw immediatly dropped.

"Y-You... You bought me a dog?"

"Well, kind of... His owner didn't treat him well, it was one of Yeji's close friends so she told me about him and I immediatly got in touch with the owner. And you always wanted a dog and I always said no, but I came to realize that it would actually be pretty cool to have one. Plus, I'm alone for two weeks and I thought I might need some company."

In this moment, Ryujin didn't have words to describe what she felt.

She always wanted a German Shepherd for her entire life, but never had one because her mom was allergic to dog hair.

Lia had actually found something Ryujin always wanted with all her heart.

"This is by far the best present you could have made me..."

"Do you like him?"

"I... I love him. How do you know that I always wanted a German Shepherd?"

"You told me when you were high once. I figured that you'll love him at first sight when I first saw him and knew I had to adopt him."

As Ryujin patted him, she felt tears stinging in her eyes when she faced Lia.

"Thank you so, so much... This is the best day ever... Does he have a name?"

"No, I wanted you to pick one."

"Really?!"

"Yup."

"Okay, okay, uhm... What about Bailey?"

"Are you thinking of the liquor?"

"...maybe."

"Please, try thinking of another name."

"What about Ouzo?

"Why Ouzo?"

"That's a greek schnaps, it's the schnaps that almost kicked Ryujin out of existence once." Yeji butted in, making Ryujin smile.

"Okay, Bailey it is."

"HELL YES! Yo Bailey, wanna go for a walk? Wanna go for a long walk with me?"

When Ryujin saw how excited Bailey became, she felt how happy she became, smiling up to her girlfriend.

"I'll take that as a yes. You'll see me in two hours, princess."

---

When Ryujin finally got back home, she dropped to the couch, taking sips of water from a bottle while Bailey immediatly laid down in his basket, obviously tired from all the walking.