[36] Reality

The next day, Lia had to take the bus.

Maybe because she wanted to, maybe even because she had to.

Anyway, once she stepped inside the bus, someone immediatly caught her eye.

It was a boy around her age, brown hair, pretty tall, and he was also looking at her.

He seemed familiar, but Lia really couldn't recognize who he was.

But she wanted to find out, which is why she sat down beside him.

It was quickly clear to her that he wasn't interested in a kind of conversation, which is why they just sat there in pure silence the entire ride.

The second he had to get out, he stood up, turned around and asked her, "Do you feel different today?"

Without even waiting for her answer, he left.

---

The day after that incident, it was almost exactly the same.

She still wasn't sure who he was, but he seemed to be a nice person, so Lia didn't bother to sit down beside them again.

He wore the same exact clothes he was wearing yesterday, and Lia noticed how he seemed to be a lot more chill about her presence than before.

They didn't say a single word to each other again, but when he got out of the bus, he only said one small sentence again.

"Wake up!"

And he left Lia all confused, sitting right on her spot, not knowing what was going on.

---

Day three.

The same thing.

They almost got used to sitting next to each other, even though they didn't even talk to each other.

But this time, when he stood and said something to her again, the popular girl knew that she couldn't just ignore his statements anymore.

"I thought you got my message."

"Who are you?"

Smirking, he didn't step out of the bus like he usually should, but instead, he turned to face Lia completely.

"I can't tell you. Maybe you'll find out one day.

He wanted to walk out again, but suddenly stopped, turning around again.

"I have another question to ask you."

Lia noticed how everything outside the bus slowly turned black, even the bus itself slowly vanishing right in front of her eyes.

"You know I'm not real, aren't you?"

And Lia began to fall through the bus, into another world.

---

"NOOOOO!"

The scream Ryujin let out was loud, heartbreaking and painful as she ran up to her lover, tears running down her face as she saw how her parents were kicking her mercilessly, and when they noticed her, they practically ran back inside their house, shutting the door and locking it.

She banged against their door with full force, almost breaking it, not feeling any pain because of the adrenaline in her veins.

"OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR YOU BASTARDS! GET OUT OF HERE, I'LL KILL YOU! I'LL KILL YOU IN EVERY LIFE!"

Ryujin was so overwhelmed, she didn't know what to do first, but knew that they wouldn't come out, so she turned her attention to her dying girlfriend and the blood on the floor.