[26] Wrong

Opening the front door to their home, all the lights were turned off, so Ryujin was only able to see the silhouettes of the furniture, nothing else.

She could already guess that all of them must have fallen asleep, and that assumption was confirmed by Soobin, who fell from the couch the second Ryujin closed the front door again.

"Who's here?!"

"Soobin, chill, it's just me. Where are Lia and Junsu?"

"Oh, sorry... Junsu got picked up by their aunt a few hours ago, and Lia is sleeping in your room. I guess the dinner went great, according to the fact that you came back in the middle of the night?"

"Well, about that... I was actually with the police for the last hour."

Now, Soobin was wide awake, as he turned on the light on the living room table.

"Shit, what happened? Is everything alright?"

"Yes, I wasn't arrested or anything, I... I'm pressing charges against Lia's parents."

The second Ryujin sat down next to her girlfriend's best friend, he stared at her in disbelief.

"Does Lia know anything about this?"

"Well... No."

"I... I want to be honest with you, it probably would have been better to talk with her about this before actually doing it."

"That was my first thought too, but I... I just want her to be safe, and I don't know how I can do this when these freaks are out there and want to cause her harm more than anything."

Even though Soobin was still sticking onto his opinion, he nodded softly.

"Yeah, I get that... Well, other than that, how was your family dinner?"

"Other than the fact that Lia outed me without knowing, it was awesome."

"Shoot, what happened?"

"I can tell you tomorrow morning, when I'm making breakfast for all of us. I just... really want to see Lia right now, so just... get some rest."

"Alright, I totally understand that."

As she walked in the direction of their room, Ryujin then suddenly stopped walking and turned around to Soobin for the last time today.

"Soobin?"

"Yes?"

"Thank you for looking out for her. I'm really, really thankful that she has a best friend like you."

The smile on his face was more than just heartwarming, as the last thing he muttered before Ryujin entered the room was, "And I wouldn't want her to be together with anyone other than you..."

---

Ryujin tried to remain as quiet as she could to not bother Lia in her sleep, though she was always happy when Lia was actually asleep without having nightmares about her parents, but Lia had a really inconsistent sleep, which made her wake up easily.

"Baby?"

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you..."

"It's okay... Can you come here already? I want to cuddle you..."

"Sure, just give me a second."

Carefully laying down next to her girlfriend, Ryujin first of all breathed out contentedly, finally being able to calm down for today.

The second Lia sensed Ryujin's warmth next to her, she got closer and instantly snuggled into her girlfriend's side, smiling because she now had her personal space heater back.