[41] California

When Ryujin stepped inside the restroom, she already saw Lia sitting on the ground, her body leaning against the wall while she was crying her eyes out, the outsider furrowing her eyebrows in worry and hurt.

She was so unusually quiet and careful with what she said.

"Did... Did I do anything wrong?"

The popular girl then finally looked up to her, shaking her head while burrying her face back in her knees again.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

Kneeling down in front of her, Ryujin really didn't know if Lia wants to be touched right now because she still didn't know what was going on, which is why she just stared at her.

"Baby, talk to me please..."

Slowly facing her lover, Lia also started sobbing when she tried explaining, to which Ryujin just placed her hand on one of her shoulders, slowly caressing her skin with her thumb.

"It's just... D-Daniel..."

"What about him boo?"

"I dreamed of him when I was still in a c-coma... All of this isn't fucking real!"

She then kicked her purse next to her, making her girlfriend get closer to her, now having both of her hands placed on her shoulders.

"Calm down, my love... It's okay, everything is okay..."

"It's not, Ryujin, it's seriously not! All of this m-made me realize that I could have died, that I c-could have gotten myself killed with my own stupidity! I don't even know if you're real!"

Making eye contact, Lia swallowed, before her expression got even more painful when she saw the way Ryujin was looking at her.

She got more quiet.

"C-Can you hold me so I know y-you're real?"

Silently wrapping her arms around her, Ryujin started rubbing her back while Lia started soobing again, more painful this time.

"Shhh, it's okay... You're safe with me princess... I'm right here..."

"I-I could be dead..."

"But you aren't... You are alive, you are here, right in my arms... And I won't let you go... This is the realest thing we will both experience..."

"I love you..."

"I love you even more... Give me your hand boo..."

Letting go, Lia slowly extended her hand, while Ryujin cupped it with hers, softly kissing the back of it, before tugging it under her chin, still not letting go of it.

"We should go home now... You're so tired, I can see it..."

"Yes please... I need a break from everything..."

"I know my love, I know... Everything's kind of frustrating right now, it's draining... But we have each other, you got me, and if there's one thing in my life I would give everything up for just to keep it safe, it's you... And I'll do everything in my power to be there for you when you need me..."

---

After everything that recently happened, Ryujin really had to think a lot about actually going to the meeting she should be having with the manager lady, also because she really didn't want to leave Lia alone even for minute.

But because Lia insisted that her girlfriend went there, the outsider pretty much had no choice.

So, everyone, meaning Lia, Ryujin's parents and her brother, Kiara and the girls were eagerly waiting for her to return from the meeting, not knowing what the possible outcome of it could be, but when she came back after 3 hours, Lia and her parents actually stood up to face her properly, waiting for an any kind of response from Ryujin.