[9] Personal Protection

"You need to talk to her."

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"Because I would totally make a fool out of myself..."

It has been another four days, and since the day Lia has slept at Ryujin's place, her feelings towards the girl grew exponentially stronger, and honestly, she was at a point where she was afraid that she couldn't hide it any longer.

After they were done teasing each other in Ryujin's kitchen, Lia's mother called her, telling her that she had to get home immediatly.

She hated that she had to go back to into that house, she was afraid of it.

But somehow, it was still slightly relieving that she wasn't really in touch with Ryujin for the past days.

It wasn't because it was awkward whenever she was around the outsider.

In fact, it was like they already knew each other for a thousand years and longer.

But Lia simply couldn't handle the fact that she was probably just a hopeless romantic, another victim of one sided love for Shin Ryujin.

However, she never lost hope, even if it felt incredibly frustrating from time to time.

"Lia, listen. You know that me and her aren't getting along in any way, but I'm begging you, just invite her to the freaking party." Yeji butted into Chaeryeong's and Lia's conversation, as Lia just laid her head onto her table, sighing dramatically.

"We believe in you, girl. Now, you stand up, walk over there and ask her if she wants to come to your party tonight, alright?"

Even though Lia might hate to admit it, Yuna was actually amazing at cheering other people up.

"But what if-"

"No buts! You got this, okay? You're Choi Jisu, you're a force of nature, so go over there and talk to her before I do."

"Okay, okay, fine! I'm going."

"There you go, that's the spirit!"

Yuna gave Lia thumbs up as the popular girl stood up, her shaky legs walking towards Ryujin's table as she felt her heartbeat becoming more intense.

And the second she was gone, Yuna's face became dead serious when she glanced at the other two.

"So, this is the plan. We will play truth or dare tonight, and we need to get Ryujin to kiss Lia or the other way around. Did I make myself clear?"

Leaning forward, Yeji then started grinning as she faced her taller friend.

"Well played, Miss Shin. Well played."

---

You can do this, Lia.

It's just Ryujin, she doesn't bite, right?

...Right?

"Hey, what's up, sillyhead?"

The outsider looked up from her paper, before smiling the way she always did when Lia was caught in her field of vision.

And everytime the taller girl smiled so warmly at her, Lia honestly felt so at ease, but somehow a bit nervous at the same time, like butterflies wanted to escape her stomach.

"Hey, princess! What's up?"

Ryujin leaned back in her seat as she crossed her arms, still glaring at Lia who was now getting comfortable around the girl for the god knows how manieth time.