[21] Relax

It was fair to assume that Lia was nervous right now.

She knew exactly that Ryujin would be mad at her for saying that out loud, she knew that once the outsider walked up to her, Lia would literally feel the disappointment in her look.

Sitting on one of the edges of the fountain, Lia almost snapped her neck when she heard footsteps walking up to her, Ryujin staring at her with a look that Lia couldn't put into words.

That's when she panicked, standing up instinctively to face the outsider directly.

"Look, I'm sorry, okay? I realize that this was rushed and I shouldn't have said it right in that moment, I know you're mad or disappointed, maybe even both, but I regret it. Please don't-"

"Babe, chill. I'm not mad."

"You're not?"

"I honestly was in the first couple of seconds, but that's so stupid. Honestly, that might be the most awesome coming out ever existing."

"But why? Haven't I made it even harder for us to keep subtle?"

"Well... Yeah, kind of. But I shouldn't be mad at you because you came out. That's dumb. Instead, I'm proud of you and would really like to have at least a tiny piece of your confidence."

Ryujin placed her hands on Lia's waist, smiling at her comfortingly.

"You're probably the first person to tell me something like that, I personally wouldn't describe myself as overly confident."

"But you are! You just say what you think completely unfiltered, which is something I always wished I could do."

"And you're seriously not disappointed?"

Laughing at her girlfriend's ridiculousness, the only thing Ryujin replied with was, "No, I promise I'm not, you did nothing wrong after all."

Jesus fucking christ, just tell her that you love her already, what the fuck is keeping you you from it?

The fact that your parents are probably homophobic and don't know that you're into girls?

Well, that's kind of exactly the thing that's stopping you from just confessing, right?

And also the fact that you don't want to rush things.

Damn, it sucks to be you, Miss Shin, even the author is pitying you.

"But I'm sure as hell going to revenge myself for the fact that you didn't help me when everyone was asking questions about you!"

Chuckling, Ryujin teasingly replied, "Oh please, as if you would be actually able to cause harm."

"You better look out for yourself in the next couple of weeks. So, should we head back now?"

"Yeah, sure, let's go."

And another opportunity missed.

What they couldn't know when they both left the park was that there was another person standing behind one of the bigger trees, listening to their conversation ever so closely, slightly smirking when she realized how easily she could fuck up the outsider's reputation and most importantly: Their relationship.

Well, she was also the one who posted the videotape after all.

---

When Lia got a message on her phone from a number she had never seen in her entire life, telling her that she should meet the unknown person behind the bleachers after school, she naturally realized that it might be the best to not show up there at all.