[49] Prettiest Woman

Another few weeks later...

She saw everything.

She saw how the car drove into her, how her lifeless body hit the ground after it flew through the air, the blood streaming out of her head, she saw everything right in front of her eyes.

It was clear that she was dead instantly.

As she laid on the cold road, Lia's shaky legs walked over to her, as she held back the sobs that wanted to escape through lips, as she kneeled down, looking at the corpse in front of her.

"K-Kiara?"

Suddenly, her head twisted to look at the popular girl, her eyelids flying open as she stared at her with wide eyes.

"It's your fault, Lia."

"I'm sorry Kiara, s-so so sorry..."

"You took a childs mother."

Lia now completely broke down, crying as into her hands.

"I d-didn't drive the car!"

"You send me there. If you hadn't, I would be alive right now."

"I'm s-sorry..."

"Sorry doesn't bring back the dead."

And when Lia screamed in her dream, she also screamed in real life, making Ryujin run through the hallway and into the living room carefully.

Carefully, because she still held their youngest in her arms.

Even Bailey woke up from it, and was also instantly right by his owners side.

Kneeling down in front of the armchair Lia was sitting in, Ryujin's eyebrows furrowing her worry, the small boy in her arms now screaming too.

She was breathing happily, her face covered in sweat, and her heart was beating way too fast.

"Boo, what's wrong? What happened?"

Once she had to gather herself for the moment, she looked at her fiancée.

"Did I fall asleep?"

"Yeah, and because you didn't sleep well last night, I thought I'll let you have this nap..."

"Oh, okay..."

Now, Lia finally realizing her fiancée also had their newborn in her arms, slowly lifting him up and into her own, looking at him while trying to calm him down.

"Hey, Apollo, it's okay... Everything's okay baby..."

After hearing his mothers voice, he immediatly calmed down, looking up to her with teary eyes.

Even though he's only a few weeks old, it was absolutely clear that he liked Lia more than Ryujin.

The outsider then sighed, before Lia looked at her for a split second.

"Did I wake him up?"

"Yeah, kind of... Your nightmare... Was is about..."

Ryujin didn't even dare to mention her name.

It's not like hadn't recovered from it at all, but they are both still reliving the day all of it happened.

Especially Lia, even though Ryujin herself had the most intense reaction to that situation out of all of them.

She took two bottles of Champagne with her, just drove away with an absolute temper, and when she came back (without the car, it took the police 2 whole days to actually locate it, because Ryujin couldn't remember where she parked it), several of her fingers were broken and she was completely drop dead wasted.