[27] Future

What Lia didn't expect was someone knocking at her door one evening, she didn't even hear the person's footsteps, but when she heard her voice, her heart dropped a little.

"Lia?"

Not only was it quiet, Ryujin said her name more carefully than ever.

It wasn't the voice she remembered.

Lia heard how Ryujin was crying.

She got scared.

"Yes?"

"Can I come in?"

"Yeah, sure."

The second Ryujin slowly opened the door and looked at the smaller girl made Lia's heart shatter.

Her skin was completely pale (except her face, which was slightly crimson from crying), and as Ryujin's eyes landed on Lia, she had an actual pout on her face as tears streamed down her face even harder.

She was so fragile and vulnerable.

The mere sight of Ryujin, as weak as she was right now, was enough to let small pools of water form inside Lia's eyes.

"I-I need you..."

Her voice was getting quieter with every word that tumbled out of her mouth, as the popular girl noticed how she grabbed onto the doorframe to balance herself.

"I c-can't do this anymore..."

Even though she tried to stand still, Ryujin failed miserably when her legs gave in, sobbing as she dropped to the ground with her usual strength being completely gone.

Lia was quick to jump out of her bed to be right by Ryujin's side, instantly hugging her side as they were both crying now.

Ryujin was having a mental breakdown, her feelings not being hidden anymore, not trying to be the strong part of their relationship.

"D-Don't leave me..."

"Baby..."

"I-I'm sorry..."

Needless to say, Lia felt like shit.

If she would have known how much all of this affected Ryujin, she would have talked to her sooner.

Now, she started realizing that she was doing the same thing Ryujin did over a week ago.

Because if she would have thought harder, it should have been obvious how much Ryujin is suffering from all of this.

What a bloody hypocrite.

"I f-feel like dying..."

"You're not dying. I'm right here, baby..."

"I'm a n-no one..."

"Ryujin, you deserve the whole world..."

Her body jolting up with every sob she let out, Ryujin now also started shaking as her body temperature got a lot lower, Lia still being slightly overwhelmed with the situation.

Cupping the girl's face, Lia leaned her forehead against Ryujin's.

"Listen to my voice... Take long and deep breaths, you got this, I know you do..."

"I c-can't..."

"I know you can, boo... Please..."

As Ryujin's breathing more and more steady, they both closed their eyes, Ryujin's weak body melting under Lia's soft touch she missed so much.

"I'm right by your side, okay? I'm not leaving you alone, you're going to be okay..."

After Ryujin was able to talk again, the first thing she did was getting closer to her girlfriend, finding comfort in her hugs and her warmth.