[43] Brutal

"Are you ready?"

"Do I look like it?"

"Well, talking about your physical appearance, most definetly, but looking at your current behavior and your sarcastic remark, I suppose you're not."

At this point, Ryujin's breathing became a bit more rapid, the nervousness in her veins making her feel very uneasy and quiet frankly, extremely scared.

"Miss Shin, what are you afraid off?"

"My opponent maybe?"

"But why so sudden? You weren't that scared of all the battles before."

"No offense to you lady, but all the other battles before also weren't finals. This is different!"

Sighing, the black haired lady sat down beside the younger girl, not even looking at her when she did.

"Are you afraid of disappointing anyone?"

"No, of course not!"

Turning her head and raising her eyebrows, LaCosta could easily make the outsider know that she knew Ryujin wasn't actually being honest with her.

Leaning back, the kickboxer tried looking for words, for an explanation, maybe even an excuse.

"Is it pressuring you so much that you know your girlfriend is watching?"

Looking down to the ground, Ryujin managed to calm her breathing, as she closed her eyes while running a hand through her hair.

"I don't want to disappoint her. I'm so close to winning this thing, the last thing I want is to lose now. I want to make her proud so badly."

After a short silence, the lady in the suit stood up again, dusting it off before quickly putting her hand in one of her pockets.

"Then call her."

She was holding Ryujin's phone in her hand, cracking a very tiny smile when the blue haired girl looked up to her.

They agreed that she keeps the outsider's phone when she's battling so she won't get distracted, but in that moment, she knew that the only person who could actually give her reassurance was Lia herself.

---

"5 MINUTES UNTIL THE BATTLES PEOPLE, ARE YOU READY?"

The whole stadium was freaking out, same for the boys behind the televisison who were all way too invested into the battles Ryujin had.

"THIS WILL BE THE BEST FUCKING BATTLE EVER! WE GOT SNACKS, BOOZE, A FREAKING BEAMER!"

Lia turned around to face Beomgyu while raising an eyebrow.

"First of all, where did you even get the beamer from, second of all, I still don't think it's very nice of you to bring booze so you can drink your pain away if Ryujin loses."

"What? I think you got it wrong. We got booze because we're drinking a shot every time Ryujin hits her well."

"Hold up, I didn't agree to this!" Soobin exclaimed, before suddenly, Yeonjun laughed.

"Well, bottoms up I guess, because at the end of the night, someone probably has to call an ambulance."

And right in that second, Lia heard how her phone rang, and when she saw the callers ID, she was probably never as confused as she was in that second.

"Who is it?" Yuna questioned, and when Lia turned to face her with furrowed eyebrows, the older one just shook her head in disbelief, before answering the call and putting the girl on speaker.