~chapter 87~

E I G H T Y - S E V E N

***

"WE SHOULD RETURN to the manor." Cassi said to her mother, Bellatrix Lestrange. 

"I do hope Thicknesse has better news next time," Bellatrix gritted through her teeth. "Otherwise I won't let him go easily for wasting out time."

Pius Thicknesse, the minister of magic, the puppet of the Dark Lord, had called them to give them news on Harry potter. Turned out he didn't actually have anything of important. 

They grabbed each others arm and apparated to the Malfoy Manor. Passing the iron gates, and through the garden, they made their way inside the house. Cassi heard voices as she entered her home. Bellatrix and Cassi shared a look, before making their way to the living room.

Cassi thought her heart stopped for a moment as she saw the scene in front of her. Narcissa, Lucius, Draco, Greyback and a snatcher whose name Cassi didn't know, were holding four people in capture. With a jolt of fear Cassi recognised all of them. It was Hermione, Ron, Harry (even though his face was distorted), and another Gryffindor from her year.

"What is this?" Her mother asked, while Cassi was frozen in her footsteps. "What's happened, Cissy?"

Bellatrix Lestrange walked slowly around the prisoners, and stopped on Harry's right, staring at Hermione through her heavily lidded eyes.

"But surely," she said quietly, "this is the Mudblood girl? This is Granger?"

"Yes, yes, it's Granger!" cried Lucius, "And beside her, we think, Potter! Potter and his friends, caught at last!"

"Potter?" shrieked Bellatrix, and she backed away, the better to take in Harry.

"No, I don't believe he is Potter." Cassi said as she took a step beside her mother, her eyes gazing at Harry. "I was in the same year as him, he surely doesn't look like this."

Cassi noticed his face was huge, shiny, and pink and every feature was distorted. His black hair reached his shoulders and there was a dark shadow around his jaw. But Cassi knew he was Harry, there was no mistaking those eyes. 

"There's a scar on his forehead!" Lucius said pointing Harry's forehead. 

Bellatrix dragged back her left sleeve and Cassi knew that she was about to touch it, to summon her beloved master–

"I was about to call him!" said Lucius, and his hand actually closed upon Bellatrix's wrist, preventing her from touching the Mark. "I shall summon him, Bella. Potter has been brought to my house, and it is therefore upon my authority –"