~chapter 55~

F I F T Y - F I V E

***

SHE WAS BACK again in the Grimmauld Place, the house of Black, which Sirius now owned. She couldn't take it anymore. She couldn't. Tears fell from her eyes, and she made no move to wipe them out. If her surroundings could have reflected the feeling inside her, the walls would have been screaming in pain.

Sirius can't die. Not like this.

He can't be dead.  

No matter how much she tried to convince herself, she wasn't able to. But how can he be dead? It was only a few moment ago he was standing there talking to her, and now he's. . .dead? No, no, she can't except the truth. 

It was unbearable, she would not think of it, she could not stand it. . . .There was a terrible hollow inside her she did not want to examine, a dark hole where Sirius had been, where Sirius had vanished. She did not want to be alone with that great, silent space, she could not stand it.

She loathed her mother more than anything, more than ever. She felt dirty, contaminated that she had the same blood running in her veins as her mother. She hated her mother. The woman who killed Sirius.

She did, but you also didn't do anything. The same voice spoke in her head. You could have gone there and saved him, but you didn't.

"I could have saved him." She repeated in her hoarse voice. "But I didn't."

Yes, and it's all your fault. 

"It's my fault." Tears continued to fall. The guilt filling whole Cassi's chest like some monstrous, weighty parasite now writhed and squirmed. 

You are just like your mother. Only care about yourself and no one.

"No." Cassi whispered, her mind felt like her own now. "NO. I'm not like my mother."

You are. The voice more loud in her head. You are just like your mother.

"I am not my mother!" She shrieked, her hand on her ears pressed tightly. "She's a killer!"

And you're not? The voice said mockingly. You are the one who killed those muggles. You're as cruel as her.

A pained shriek erupted from her lips, as she slid down on the floor against the wall. It was very painful. She couldn't think straight anymore, her mind felt no longer like her own, her thoughts no longer in her control. Cassi could not stand this anymore. . .she had never felt more trapped inside her own head and body, never wished so intensely that she could be somebody else.