~chapter 35~

T H I R T Y - F I V E

***

IT FELT LIKE THE air in her lungs had been knocked out, and all she could was sit in shock. She couldn't believe her ears, maybe she had heard wrong. But from the stunned faces of everyone, it didn't seem so. Her eyes involuntarily shifted to Harry, who looked as stunned as her, maybe even more.

"No, this can't be." Cassi muttered worriedly. 

There was no way he can enter this tournament, not when he can get killed. 

At the top table, Professor Dumbledore had straightened up, nodding to Professor McGonagall.

"Harry Potter!" he called again. "Harry! Up here, if you please!"

Cassi edged forward in her seat and looked at Dumbledore in worry and fear. Dumbledore senses her gaze and looked at her, before shaking his head slightly, like to say 'I can't do anything in it.' 

Harry got to his feet, trod on the hem of his robes, and stumbled slightly. He set off up the gap between the Gryffindor and Hufflepuff tables.

"Well . . . through the door, Harry," said Dumbledore. He wasn't smiling.

Soon, Barty Crouch, Ludo Bagman, Dumbledore, Karkaroff, Madame Maxime, Snape and Moody left. Murmurs broke down in halls, everyone talking about how did Harry put his name in it. Draco was talking with Crabbe and Goyle furiously about it, while Daphne stared at Cassi in worry and confusion. Confusion because why was Cassi worrying about Harry? Didn't she say that she don't like them at all?

Cassi was fidgeting with her hands, her mind racking. She was sure that Harry hadn't put his name in it, but the question was who had done it?

Someone who want him dead. A small voice spoke in her head.

"Cassi are you OK?" Daphne asked carefully.

Cassi didn't answer, just stood up from her seat and left the hall. She was afraid for Harry. Surely Dumbledore won't let him compete in it, maybe. But what if he had to compete in it? 

Cassi was a complete nervous wreck.

The next day, she went alone for breakfast. the good mood she had for last few days, was now completely gone and Cassi was back to her old state. 

"Cassi," Daphne said as she sat beside her. "I'm worried about you."

"You shouldn't be." Cassi replied in a monotonous tone. "I'm completely fine."

"No you aren't." Daphne snapped. "I saw the look on your face yesterday, when Harry's name was called. You were worried about him weren't you?"

"I wasn't." Cassi said. "I was just shocked."