~chapter 13~

T H I R T E E N

***

THE NEXT DAY CASSI woke up to find out about the dueling club which was to be taken by Gilderoy Lockhart. And everyone was pretty much very excited about it, especially Pansy. And Draco didn't seem to like it at all, well there are very few things which he likes anyway. 

"A dueling club, by Lockhart?" Daphne scoffed that afternoon minutes before the club was going to start. "I would like to see what miracle he'll be performing."

"Every spell he ever tried has been a total failure," Cassi added. "In my knowledge."

"That bloke likes being famous." Blaise noted. 

"I bet he can't even do a simple disarming spell." said Cassi. "And when is this class even is?"

"Just a five minutes later," answered Blaise "in the great hall."

In the great hall all the tables had vanished and instead was a stage and all the students arrived there shortly after. Girls were particularly fighting for the place near the platform. Lockhart and Snape were already there. 

"Gather around, Gather around." Lockhart called once an the stage. "Can everybody see me? Can you all hear me? Excellent! In light of the dark events recent weeks, Professor Dumbledore had granted me permission to start this little dueling club to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourself, as I myself has done on many occasions-for full details see my published works. Let me introduce my assistant, Professor Snape. He has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration. Now, I don't want you youngsters to worry-you'll still have your potions master when I'm through with him, never fear." 

Both the teachers took their place on the end of the platform, wands pointed at each other. 

"One, two, three..." drawled Lockhart

"Expillairmas!" Snape bellowed making Lockhart fled back. Daphne, along with Cassi and Draco snickered. 

"Professor Snape is a loads better than him." Draco commented and both Cassi and Daphne nodded. 

"An excellent idea to show them that, Professor Snape." said Lockhart standing up. "But if you don't mind me saying, it was pretty obvious-ah-what you were about to do. And if I had wanted to stop you, it would have been only too easy."