~chapter 24~

T W E N T Y - F O U R

***

WHEN CASSI OPENED her eyes, she was in the Hospital wing laying on the bed. She was still wearing the same dress she had been wearing before. It means only few hours must have passed.

"Good, you're awake!" Madam Pomfrey came beside her and made her drink something, which tasted like lemon. Then she handled her chocolate. Cassi noticed that Harry and Hermione were already sitting awake, eating their chocolates. And Ron was still laying unconscious in the bed in front. Cassi met Harry's eyes confused, she couldn't ask about Sirius in front of Madam Pomfrey. Harry nodded his head in an assuring way that everything was fine.

Cassi, relieved, leaned back on the bed. She noticed that Madam Pomfrey was not in good mood, the reason she didn't know. Madam Pomfrey continued giving Cassi chocolates, and she ate without any complain. Just then, when she took the fourth piece from her, she heard the distant roar of fury echoing somewhere above them.

"What was that?" said Madam Pomfrey in alarm.

Now they could hear angry voices, growing louder and louder. Madam Pomfrey was staring at the door.

"Really — they'll wake everybody up! What do they think they're doing?"

The voices was drawing nearer.

"He must have Disapparated, Severus. We should have left somebody in the room with him. When this gets out —"

"HE DIDN'T DISAPPARATE!" Snape roared, now very close at hand. "YOU CAN'T APPARATE OR DISAPPARATE INSIDE THIS CASTLE! THIS — HAS — SOMETHING — TO — DO — WITH — POTTER!"

"Severus — be reasonable — Harry has been locked up —"

BAM.

The door of the hospital wing burst open.

Cassi stared star-struck as Fudge, Snape, and Dumbledore came striding into the ward. Dumbledore alone looked calm. Indeed, he looked as though he was quite enjoying himself. Fudge appeared angry. But Snape was beside himself. Cassi had never seen him so mad before. 

"OUT WITH IT, POTTER!" he bellowed. "WHAT DID YOU DO?"

"Professor Snape!" shrieked Madam Pomfrey. "Control yourself!"

"See here, Snape, be reasonable," said Fudge. "This door's been locked, we just saw —"

"THEY HELPED HIM ESCAPE, I KNOW IT!" Snape howled, pointing at Harry and Hermione. His face was twisted; spit was flying from his mouth. It was no doubt they were talking about Sirius Black.