~chapter 20~

T W E N T Y

***

SINCE CASSI HEARD about the execution of Buckbeak, she had been quite stiff with Draco. Her mood wasn't any great, or so it was, until, she heard that Hermione had smacked Draco really hard on the face. It was Blaise who told her, and Cassi laughed so hard that she almost fell from her chair. How much she wished that she could see that scene. It made her mood a little better but no sooner she was back to brooding.

The match between final Quidditch match was coming soon, Slytherin vs Gryffindor. This time, the first time ever, she really wanted the Gryffindor to win. Cassi was sick with Draco gloating himself, and after the Buckbeak incident, she really wished Slytherin to lose. The enmity between Slytherin and Gryffindor was at its highest points ever. Never, in anyone's memory, had a match approached in such a highly charged atmosphere. By the time the holidays were over, tension between the two teams and their Houses was at the breaking point. A number of small scuffles broke out in the corridors, culminating in a nasty incident in which a Gryffindor fourth year and a Slytherin sixth year ended up in the hospital wing with leeks sprouting out of their ears.

Cassi herself was not dealing quite with her nerves. On the day of them match, Cassi sat with her Slytherin friends, wearing her Slytherin scarf and her hands clamped together nervously. 

"And here are the Gryffindors!" yelled Lee Jordan, who was acting as commentator as usual. "Potter, Bell, Johnson, Spinnet, Weasley, Weasley, and Wood. Widely acknowledged as the best team Hogwarts has seen in a good few years —"

Lee's comments were drowned by a tide of 'boos' from the Slytherin end.

"And here come the Slytherin team, led by Captain Flint. He's made some changes in the lineup and seems to be going for size rather than skill —"

More boos from the Slytherin crowd. Cassi, however, thought Lee had a point. Draco was easily the smallest person on the Slytherin team; the rest of them were enormous.

"Mount your brooms!" said Madam Hooch. "Three. . .two. . .one. . ."

The sound of her whistle was lost in the roar from the crowd as fourteen brooms rose into the air. 

"And it's Gryffindor in possession, Alicia Spinner of Gryffindor with the Quaffle, heading straight for the Slytherin goal posts, looking good, Alicia! Argh, no — Quaffle intercepted by Warrington, Warrington of Slytherin tearing UP the field — WHAM! — nice Bludger work there by George Weasley, Warrington drops the Quaffle, it's caught by — Johnson, Gryffindor back in possession, come on, Angelina — nice swerve around Montague — duck, Angelina, that's a Bludger! – SHE SCORES! TEN-ZERO TO GRYFFINDOR!"