~chapter 19~

^{pic of bracelet gifted by Harry to Cassi}

N I N E T E E N

***

CASSI WAS HORROR-STRUCK at what happened earlier. For one moment she thought he was dead for sure, but he wasn't, much to her relief. Cassi was halfway to Hospital, but she stopped herself remembering Uncle Lucius' treat. She cancelled her visit even though she was feeling gloomy. 

On the other hand, when Harry woke he was disappointed when he didn't saw Cassi among his other visitors. He was already unhappy about his broom, and Cassi not visiting him added more to his unhappiness. But Cassi visited him, two days after his incidence, when no one was looking.

"How are you?" She asked timidly.

"Fine." He replied.

"I heard about your broom" said Cassi. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be. It's broken anyway."

Cassi stared at him, her mouth opening and then closing, like a fish, before she got up and hugged him. Harry was taken aback by this, but slowly kept his hand behind her back. When she retraced herself from him, Harry was looking flushed, and even Cassi was. She wasn't intending to hug him, so she took herself by shock.

"I brought you Honeydukes sweet." Cassi said trying to avoid the awkwardness in the air, and gave him the sweets she brought him.

"Thanks." Harry said with smile.

"Oh, Miss. Geminis, it's already 5 minutes." said Madam Pomfrey. "now go to your classes."

Saying goodbye to her Harry, Cassi left the Hospital wing.

Two weeks before the end of the term, the sky lightened suddenly to a dazzling, opaline white and the muddy grounds were revealed one morning covered in glittering frost. Inside the castle, there was a buzz of Christmas in the air. Professor Flitwick, the Charms teacher, had already decorated his classroom with shimmering lights that turned out to be real, fluttering fairies. The students were all happily discussing their plans for the holidays.

Cassi went back to the Malfoy Manor by the train with her Slytherin friends. The Christmas Holidays passed and Cassi was dreading to go back to Hogwarts. She wasn't sure why, but now she didn't liked to be at home at all.

So when the Christmas break ended she couldn't be more happy to return back to Hogwarts. And moreover her birthday was coming closer too. It was on twenty-fifth January. After returning to Hogwarts the classes started soon.

Ravenclaw played Slytherin a week after the start of term. Slytherin won, though narrowly. Homework was piling up and everybody was finding it rather hard. Cassi was growing excited about her birthday.