~chapter 46~

F O U R T Y - S I X

***

CASSI NEVER LIKED Monday; it was the most hated day of the week. She had Transfiguration, double Potions, defense against the dark arts, Arithmancy and History of Magic all in one day. And moreover Cassi wasn't having any good sleep and with her prefect duties, she was very tired.

Professor McGonagall spent the first fifteen minutes of their lessons lecturing the class on the importance of O.W.L.s.

"You cannot pass an O.W.L.," said Professor McGonagall grimly, "without serious application, practice, and study. I see no reason why everybody in this class should not achieve an O.W.L. in Transfiguration as long as they put in the work. So . . . today we are starting Vanishing Spells. These are easier than Conjuring Spells, which you would not usually attempt until N.E.W.T. level, but they are still among the most difficult magic you will be tested on in your O.W.L."

By the end of the class only Cassi was able to vanish her snail on her fourth attempt successfully, earning a ten point bonus for her house. She was the only one who didn't got any homework, and the rest of the class did. 

She together with Daphne left the class, and made their way to the dungeons where they were going to have double potions. 

"I don't know how you manage everything." said Daphne as she led the way out into the damp courtyard. "Have you been having good sleep lately?"

"Yes." Cassi lied. 

"I know you haven't." said Daphne straight. "You aren't doing your best job at hiding your dark circles."

"I'm just a little tired lately." said Cassi. 

A fine misty drizzle was falling, so that the people standing in huddles around the yard looked blurred at the edges. They were walking together when Cassi suddenly noticed Harry talking to Cho, a Ravenclaw sixth year. She slowed down her pace to get a glimpse of them. And she noticed that Harry was red. She felt a insides in her churn, as she looked at them. 

"Come on." said Daphne raising eyebrow at Cassi. "Why have you stopped?"

Cassi turned her head away from them, and started walking again toward their Potions class. She felt angry. Why was he talking to her? And moreover why was he going red? He couldn't possibly like Cho, or can he? Cassi was jealous. 

Daphne had to run to catch Cassi's pace. She entered the class and saw Draco sitting there with Pansy. She walked toward them and slammed her bag on the desk making Pansy jump, and Draco surprised. 

"Get out Pansy." Cassi said coldly. "Find yourself another seat."

"But I'm already sitting here." said Pansy scowling. "You go look yourself another seat."