~chapter 36~

T H I R T Y - S I X

***

THE FIRST TASK came, and Cassi was on her nerves. How much she tried to pretend to be okay, she wasn't. The atmosphere in the school was one of great tension and excitement. Lessons were to stop at midday, and Cassi couldn't help but wonder about the task. What was the first task?

Time was behaving in a more peculiar fashion than ever, rushing past in great dollops, so that one moment she seemed to be sitting down in her first lesson, History of Magic, and the next, walking into lunch . . . and then (where had the morning gone?)

It was time for the first task. Cassi walked with Daphne to the where the task was going to be held. Everyone was walking there. 

"So what do you think the first task will be?" Daphne said.

"Merlin knows." Cassi muttered

But the mystery was uncovered when they arrived at the stands. All three schools were there and they were holding banners for the person whom they were supporting. 

"Holy smokes." Daphne muttered shocked as she saw what was in her front. Cassi was speechless, and just stared at them. The first task was Dragons. The champions were supposed be fight them and get the golden egg.

"What do you think, Potter will be able to survive this?" Cassi heard Draco and saw him coming toward her. "I bet he won't even last five minutes."

Cassi didn't answer just stared in front. She was starting to feel sick. The first one to come was Cedric. Everything passed in blur. Cedric transfigured a rock into a dog to distract the dragon. But halfway through Dragon came back after Cedric, but he got the egg. Fleur tried to do a charm, to put the dragon into a trance. It kind of worked but then the dragon snored and great jet of flame shot out, and her skirt caught fire. Who the hell where a skirt while fighting a dragon? Krum hit the dragon with spell in the eye. Only thing is, it went trampling around in agony and squashed half the real eggs.

When Harry's chance came, Cassi had her hands clasped together in worry. 

The Dragon he was fighting was 'Hungarian Horntail' and it was deadliest out of the others. She didn't hear the snide remarks Draco was throwing at Harry, not could she hear the commentary. Harry took out his wand and said some spell, but nothing happened. At first Cassi was confused, but it became clear when a Firebolt came flying out toward him. A smile found its place on her face. He was flying.

Then she saw the Horntail soaring behind him. As the it let out fire, Harry dived.

"Great Scott, he can fly!" yelled Bagman as the crowd shrieked and gasped. "Are you watching this, Mr. Krum?"