Chapter 16

"Summer.. Summer... Summer!" A rough voice shouted at me.

I woke up, startled. It was Dad.

"C'mon. We are headin' out and yer' ridin' with me," He grabbed ahold of my hand and pulled me out of the vehicle .

"No," I grunted, struggling to get free.

"Let's go," He mumbled angrily .

"To hell with you!" Finally, I managed to get free. Tears met my eyes immediately , but I blinked them back.

Dad's rough hand came to my face with such forced I fell to my knees. I held my cheek, sobbing .

"What? Can't handle bein' hit? Pussy!" He yelled, a smirk planted across his face .

"Daryl!" Amy shrieked, running over to me . She helped me up.

"Leave er' be!" He raised his fist to hit her, but I stopped him . My hand caught his arm and I pushed him backwords.

My foot came up and hit his crotch, placing him on the ground .

His eyes met mine, and I spat ," You are actin' like Ed."

Amy pulled me over to my fourwheeler.

"You okay?" She rubbed my cheek.

"Yeah. I don't understand what happened."

"Me neither. Rick and Glenn were talking about cute you and Carl were, and your dad just... freaked . It didn't make sense ," She pushed blonde hair out of her pretty blue eyes.

Lizzie and Mika ran over , a plate of food in their hands . Surprisingly , they didn't spill anything . "Here. " Mika smiled.
I grinned at them and took the food, practically inhaling it . Afterwards, I watched Rick and T-Dog help dad up, both men angry with him . However, a more angry Glenn pushed him up against the RV. I heard him utter a few words . "Touch her like that again and I'll kill you."

Shaking my head, I looked at my vehicle . My bag was still on it, weapons as well. "This needs gas," I mumbled to Dale nervously . He nodded and disappeared, emerging a couple minutes later with a few gas cans .

"All I could spare ," He smiled .

Gratefully, I took them and put them into my four wheeler. I didn't need all three, just two to fill it up, so I handed the other back to Dale. He took it and smiled again .

As the vehicles started up , Rick jogged up to me . "Can you lead the way? Just go as far up the road as you can. Your dad.... His bike it out of gas. We need you."

"Yes Sir," I nodded. He ran back to his vehicle , and Carl ran up . Him, Lizzie, and Mika got their weapons ready and hopped on . I watched Beth, Amy, and Maggie ride in the RV, talking about something happy.

Starting the engine , I hit the gas with my foot and we took off. I knew the other vehicles were following us , so I went faster . Up ahead, I saw nothing. Just empty space .

We drove all for miles , searching for something . Then we came across a prison.

~~~~~~~~

It was dark then, and the group had taken care of the prison and cleared out a cell block . Cell Block C, to be exact . We had picked our cells, me sharing one with Lizzie and Mika. While they were sleeping, I snuck out. Father sat on one of the stairs , making more arrows.

My feet hurried past him, and to the opposite side of the room . Hershel , who had just woken up because of his leg being cut off, sat on bench , talking to Maggie and Glenn. Rick and Lori were discussing things about the baby's arrival , while Amy and Beth were talking and giggling .