Chapter 13

" Sophia! We gotta tell the others," I shrieked .

"No! Then the rest of the walkers will get out !" Sophia looked at me with fear in her eyes.

"We can handle the walkers in the barn. Let's go tell em," I walked off towards the house , but a hand grabbed my arm. "Give it a few days. It might not of been him. I'll check again and let you know," She pleaded .

I hesitated a moment . "Okay, fine. But be careful."

The door of the house was more creaky than I thought because when I opened it, everyone's eyes shot up at me . "What?" Was all I said as I walked upstairs to check on Beth. It was not that I knew that Beth and Jimmy had broken up. That made sense Everyone stayed their distance from me , even dad.

Beth's room was pretty and girly . I simply loved it . While I was gawking at her beautiful room, I hadn't noticed that Beth wasn't on her bed laying . A smash brought me back into reality .

"Beth? It's me Summer. What was that?" I asked, trying to open the bathroom door. It was locked . "Beth? Open the door," I demanded . Her sobs broke the quick silence . Why was she crying ?

Wait. Beth had been sad recently . What if she was trying to kill herself ?

"Beth!!" I searched the room for a key, but I couldn't find one. All I found was sing lyrics and old photos and books and magazines. Not a key . "uh," I groaned . There had to be a key.

After minutes of searching , I gave up . No key. That's when my adrenaline started pumping , because Beth's sobbing grew louder and I heard a thud.

One .......

I hit the door with my body , trying to pry it open.

Two.....

I hit the door again , this time harder than the last .

Three......

The door slammed open . My eyes immediately saw the broken mirror . Ot had a large shard missing . Then, I saw some blood in the sink and my gaze floated down. Beth was laying on the ground , her hand holding her bloody wrist . A shard of bloody glass lay next to her . She was sobbing louder this time.

"I'm sorry," She cried. "Maggie!!!!!" I yelled as loud as I could . It was a wonder that nobody had come up to check on us yet. Quickly , with all of my strength, I helped Beth up and into her room. Maggie ran in, Hershel filling close behind . Maggie ran to her sister. "What happened ?" Hershel asked.

"I heard a crash from the bathroom and the door was locked . So I had to bust down the door . Beth used a shard of glass from the mirror to.." I cut off.

~~~~~~

Later on, Hershel had Beth all stitched up. The young girl , older than me but still young, was to be monitored . Maggie, Hershel, Amy, and I took turns checking on her and staying with her .

Dad had been talking to Rick about Shane's absence , so I went to Carl's room. He sat in the bed, looking at a sports magazine .

"Oh, hey Summer." He looked at me , smiled, then frowned . "Listen... I don't think this is working out . We both have been busy with our own life's that we forgot about each other . I'm sorry, but I'm breaking up with you," He looked down . "Oh," Was all I could say as I ran out of the room . Carl made no attempt for follow me, he just let the door slam.

"Who needs him anyway?" I thought angrily . You do . No I don't .

My mental argument was over as soon as the yawns started . Dad walked past me . "Get some sleep ," He mumbled , kissing my forehead . "Okay," I nodded and ran upstairs . I lay down in the dark room on my side of the bed, making room for Dad and Sophia.

Sophia.